Get yer Gorefest goin'!

Please send any links or photos to me as well. I want to share these online with all of us. I was unable to get any pictures myself and I’m sure there are many others who are in the same boat!

Wow, I was just talking with the Gore organizer today and was blown away by how many things they have going on on Saturday this year. IMBA trail clinic, Kids race/ride and apparently Bikergrl herself has a ride clinic going on too??!
This is becoming a true full weekend festival. Great to see!

How many old trouts are heading out for both days, 1 day or 1 night?

Racing? Riding? Team or Solo?

Let’s hear some cool team names!

I’ll be going solo once again. Promised myself that last year was the last time but it’s funny how much pain you can forget in a year. I’m not racing against anyone else, just looking to beat last year’s lap count by one. Figure if I can increase my laps every time I increase my age then I’ll be unbelieveable in about 20 years time.

I am going solo for my first time at this event. Oddly enough, I find that when you are on a team you want to ride faster so you don’t let your bud’s down. I have a certain amount of laps I want to achieve and then if I still have the legs(and butt), I will keep going. I am hoping to see alot of people up doing all the things that are planned for the day. Alot of planning goes into an event like this so come on out and support Mike Phillips so he will want to do it again next year. The IMBA trail clinic is early but you can learn a ton of stuff in a few hours. Well worth the price of admission.
MIKE PHILLIPS FOR MAYOR
Peace

As per usual I will be on a team of all women. In fact, I’ve managed to round up more Gore newbies and the Trail’r Park Girls will have two teams of 3 participating. Each year Tom tells us to bring a friend but I like to bring at least five. Everyone else should do the same!!!

I agree that the weekend looks uber awesome!!! Sorry to say I won’t be there until Sunday…I will be in another charity event to help fight cancer. I am going to spread the word about Saturday’s line-up of super activities to folks who haven’t participated in Gore before so that they can come out and get involved in this great event!!!

going to doing something a little different this year as i will be part of the mobile marshal’s crew rolling around on our bikes all day. it is going to be a little weird not to be racing but then again it has been a few years since i really have competed and i figured i will still be on my bike so what the hell.
over the years gore has become a second home to me. from the first trail cut to where it is today with tons of singletrack and lots of options it only keeps getting better. as for saturday night well if you been there you know what i am talking about. hats of and huge high fives to both mikes and all the other crew mates that have done the work over the years. make sure that you take a second to let all these fine folks know how much we all appreciate there time and effort. now where can i find a mike for mayor pin?

gore is gona be wicked… super excited for the main event on sunday and enough stuff on saturday to get your hear racing for sunday

can’t wait to see the final course decission and dial it in

hopeing to improve on last year and get a bit faster

Hey Everyone!!

I am heading up to Gore to start setting up for tomorrow am.

Therefore, I will be away from the computer. If you are planning on or have paid online and have not faxed your form in, please just print it off and bring it to Gore on Sat/Sun.

Thanks very much!

Mike

Totally awesome weekend, thanks to everyone who helped to make it happen. I’d also like to give props to all the excellent people who participated in our clinic on Saturday - it’s so cool to see people enjoying their bikes on the trail. Good times!

good times for sure

Saturday rocked and so did sunday

now just waiting for the leg pain to kick in

Thanks to everyone! Fantastic Event.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that organized this event. I went with a group of friends who were doing the race, just to get a feel for what this was all about. I was so impressed by how nice and welcoming everyone was! I managed to get out on the trail for a bit on Saturday night and must say that I am now more interested than ever in getting into the sport. Even after a couple of crashes and a few battle scars later…I am hooked! Thanks for a great weekend, hopefully next year I will be out there with you all! Thanks again! You are all amazing!

Absolutely the best weekend I’ve had this summer! From all the awesome stuff going on (including THREE kids events!!!) on Saturday, to the killer new course, to the good times with great people, the entire event was thoroughly killer. Thanks to everyone who made it happen, and also to everyone who came!

It was a great weekend indeed.
Randy Comeau did an excellent job with the kids races Saturday morning Thank to my lovely wife I got to assist with her skills clinic and had the privledge of hanging out with a group of new MTB keeners. Not to be out done, Terry Tomlin and Jamie Lamb made the evenings activities well worth coming back to the woods and taking off my pants for a crit race well the drive.
The Main even was equally awesome, the rolling marshalls were a great idea and seemed to work well. Mike Blois and the IMBA trail crew deserve major credit for giving us a place to ride. Major pats on the bum for anyone who was in the woods helping with Gary. Get well soon pal and we all hope to see you on the trail soon!
I heard the number was around 160 competitors. Looks like the ole MTB action is coming back to life here in NS.
Even with my own string of bad luck, I still had lots of fun, and can’t wait to see everyone there again next year.

Randy Comeau did an excellent job with the kids races Saturday morning. Thanks to my lovely wife I got to assist with her skills clinic and had the privledge of hanging out with a group of new MTB keeners. Terry Tomlin and Jamie Lamb made the evenings activities well worth driving back to the woods and taking off my pants for a crit race.
The Main even was equally awesome, the rolling marshalls were a great idea and seemed to work well. Mike Blois and the IMBA trail crew deserve major credit for giving us a place to ride. Major pats on the bum for anyone who was in the woods helping with Gary. Get well soon pal and we all hope to see you on the trail soon!
I heard the number was around 160 competitors. Looks like the ole MTB action is coming back to life here in NS.
Even with my flat tire and injesting an entire cannister of CO2, I still had lots of fun and can’t wait to see everyone there again next year.

Randy Comeau did an excellent job with the kids races Saturday morning. Thanks to my lovely wife I got to assist with her skills clinic and had the privledge of hanging out with a group of new MTB keeners. Terry Tomlin and Jamie Lamb made the evenings activities well worth driving back to the woods and taking off my pants for a crit race.
The Main event was equally awesome, the rolling marshalls were a great idea and seemed to work well. Mike Blois and the IMBA trail crew deserve major credit for giving us a place to ride. Major pats on the bum for anyone who was in the woods helping with Gary. Get well soon pal and we all hope to see you on the trail soon!
Even with my flat tire and injesting an entire cannister of CO2, I still had lots of fun and can’t wait to see everyone there again next year.

so you were the naked crit rider! awesome! hahahahaaha, goodtimes!

Nah, wasn’t me. I was the guy in the underwear who knocked over the bike racks.

A few potos from the event:

The new MTB’er all keen and trail worthy heading out to strut their stuff!!

The IMBA trail crew working some love into the trail.

Wasn’t that a party?

Sue wins the womans bike toss.

Karrin proves she is a mighty force on the trail.

The all day battle for first place solo men cat.

I really enjoyed working on Gorefest again this year.

I have lots of plans to improve the event for next year including offering a 4 hour or 8 hour option to participants.

There are several other items I will be visiting over the next year to make Gorefest even better next year. I’m open to suggestions so feel free to contact me. I can’t promise I’ll make the change, but I’ll certainly consider it.

Here is a list of the sponsors that made this years event happen. If you notice I did my best to keep my sponsors local businesses. Please support these companies as without them events or races would not happen.

Sportwheels
Norco Performance Bikes
Devinci
Redbull
Oakley
Trailblazer
Old Port Pub
Propellor Brewery
Louis Garneau
Pedaltrout.com
IMBA
Valley Stove and Cycle
Cyclesmith
Fitworks (Moncton)
Farmers Dairy

People to Thank:
Everyone who volunteered…period!
The Blois family for putting up with us
Mike Blois for designing and building the new section of course
Wayne and his timing crew
Doug for the website
Tom, Shawn, Jim, Jeff, Wayne and others who worked on the trails
Sheldon for his support
Matt and Stacey for Sunday’s registration
Chad and Deanna from IMBA
Sue and Troy for pedaltrout’s help and the clinic
Terry Tomlin for Gore After Dark
Randy Comeau and family and friends for the youth events.
Jeff Mayhew for many things
My wife for her constant support
Cyril Lunney for coming out with the Breakfast Television crew