Good place for decent price on brake pads?

I buy most mine on Ali 4 for like 7 bucks for sintered pads and I’ve never had an issue. The serial numbers are the same order as shimano making me believe they are made in the same factory

2 Likes

Damn i should check my pads … they have about 1100 kms on em and get in on this

1 Like

Yup bought the 4 pack of ahl ones from Amazon for my XT brakes and have not had any issues.

3 Likes

I understand the requirement to save a buck, riding is insanely expensive and trending towards never slowing down.

Brake pads are the last place I would ever cheap out on.

Recently picked up some MTX red labels, and they are a game changer. Modulation, power and longevity. Zero noise. Zero fade.

Not sure I could ever ride with generic or after market pads now.

3 Likes

When the cost of mtb break pads is double what it is for my car there is a clear instance of price gouging. 40 bucks for a set of pads is madness and after 3 years of running the pads I run never had an issue.

They probably cost 1 buck to make, and the industry is laughing.

1 Like

Most of the industry is that way. Hell I remember building RC cars and buying steering servos for my scale rigs that cost more than the actual steering gearbox on my Jeep.

So MTX are not “after market”?

No they are, my bad.

I’d also say that my longer travel bikes have original shimano pads on them and the generic ones have mainly be used at macrun and other HFX trails where your not likely going to stress them that much… if I was doing huge descents I’d get some of the higher end after market ones…

1 Like