Granite Fondo 2021 - NEW DATE Sun Nov 14

Thanks to the MRWA crew for making this happen.

The Feed zone and food after was a treat.

Something to be said about the quality of trail work, riding Mid Nov after a large system just went through.

Little dank, but so good.

Stoked.

12 Likes

Good times. Probably won’t wait 6 years or so to ride Fight Trail again.

Looks like my last rip through Fight Trail was March of 2017. Sure was fun seeing basically new to me trails for the first time. Ha, the only time I knew where we were was on Lous Basement and climbing up from Flat Lake. Nice to see Marieke’s Bridge still going in refurbished form (and roller form). Kudos to the trail builders.

10 Likes

I don’t know about anyone else, but this was a true test to see how capable my bike was and how conditioned I was and what an eye opening endurance test to prove what I am and am not capable of. Getting 19.8km’s on MRWA was a lot for me to push through. Being an average weekend warrior. Also being properly prepared for a lengthy ride such as this also let me know I wasn’t 100% with the correct nutrition I needed to complete the 34k.
Hoping next time I am able to push through further. Otherwise, it was a good time, with great riders on sweet bikes backed by some great sponsors. See ya all out there.

13 Likes

Blown away by the turn out. Awesome to see so many support the trail builders yesterday

8 Likes

Nice little edit from the Granite Fondo.

And a write up on the MTB Atlantic site.

9 Likes