Grant Road activity?

Just curious, has anybody checked out the Grant Rd trails recently? Just saw some pics suggesting some fresh trail maintenance has been done.

I believe it’s @JonnieForrest that’s been working in there.

2 Likes

I have been cleaning up Dear Path, Ridge to Bridge, and Riverside, with the help of @Marius and my family.
There is a nice new trail between Snakeline and Down and Out. It can be seen on TrailForks but only on the heat map on Strava. A lot of work going into it. I would like to know who is doing that to see if we can help. Marius and I did some post-winter cleanup on the new trail too. Definitely take it slowly the first time, as there are a few surprises.

9 Likes

I was out there in late feb early march ish. There was two trees down on snakeline which i cut clear.

Tbh, a friend of mine was hiking in the area and sent me a couple of pics of the trails since he thought I’d be interested in riding them. I’m local and have briefly checked out these trails in the past but they appeared to have been left derelict. Hence my pleasant surprise to see new trail work being done.

Is the best access point still from the end of Grant Rd? I thought I saw some private property signs down that way and didn’t want to antagonize anybody.

if anyone does go in, its recommended to park at the carpool parking lot, not down at the end of the road.

3 Likes

In the last year ive walked the two main mtb trails with the leaf blower to make it a cleaner sight line and done some small repairs to the trail and bridge at snakeline. It could still using some work though

I live 300 meters from these trails. I tried it on a CX, was not successful LOL. now I have a proper MTB I am going to give them a try. If you need any help with Maintenance let me know. I am always willing to help!

3 Likes

I had no idea these trails were here! Thanks for all of the hard work.

Just a heads up, that feature isnt done being built, but should be finished soon!

4 Likes

Hey hey if your th3 one building it and workong on it this weekend i can give a hand… very well versed in power tool use and ownage lol. Journeyman carpenter

1 Like

I may be trying to bike it this weekend, first time! it wasn’t the best trail on my cross bike lol. If I see you all I will say hello! I likely won’t be on the black trails, not “quite” there.

Hey everybody, last year i rebuilt the upper bridge on Snakeline (left fork) which was unridable for the past couple years. Also made a new approcah into that bridge where you jump between two trees then ride over the bridge, i kept the original line fully rideable for folks that didn’t want to hit the jump.
Somebody had the best intensions in mind clearing fallen tress off the trail but just a friendly reminder to consider all line choices and the trail rating (black diamond in this case) before modifying. Not saying it was anybody in this group, coukd have been hikers. received_494064145787893|279x500

4 Likes

The trees that i cleared earlier this year werent features they were full blown blockades. Impassible and fetched up in the trees along the trail , both havijg fell over the winter

1 Like

Late post for this thread…lol
Was up on the trails today for a hike and decided to venture “cross country” half way up Grinder and was pleasantly surprised to find Crown Jewel! Kudos to whomever was involved in the construction… very well done!
Also, a big debt of gratitude to the trail users for maintaining some of the other trails… appreciate it!
Ken

4 Likes