Gravel Grinding

Who’s riding gravel bikes? I started riding gravel (gravel being the common term for mixed surface riding) in 2015 on my CX bike when In was living in Ontario. I switched to a dedicated gravel bike, Kona Rove ST, a couple of years later. I’ve done some racing, bikepacking, and many long rides on my gravel bike. I’d like to find a few local gravel grinders to ride with as well.

1 Like

@supercraig have you seen this? Looks like a good time.

Triple Mountain Crown (more info on their FB page).

2 Likes

No I hadn’t but thanks. My knee is coming around. I’ll be back on the trainer this weekend and hopefully riding outside by next weekend. I think I can build enough fitness to race this. Anyone else in?

1 Like

I have gravel/adventure bike. Haven’t used it as much as last season. Fun roads/routes in the valley though.

Would be up for a ride sometimes.

1 Like

I was bitten by the gravel bug this year. Sold the road bike and snagged a Norco Search XR… love the thing. Be it a rip on the rail trail, pavement pounding, fire roads, or even blasting around Vic Park singletrack. Can’t get enough of the thing! Hope to get set up for some bike packing next season, as well as more adventures around the valley. They’ve got some primo gravel riding down there!

3 Likes

We should fire up some group gravel rides.

3 Likes

Hello All!
Just joined ECMTB
Gravel riding has been my groove since 2014.
I am hosting the Triple mountain Crown adventure ride Nov 2nd,
Last year we had lots of folks with FS and fat bike do the ride.

Anyone shred local MTB trails with gravel bikes?

6 Likes

Rumor has it @Mattcasey303 may have taken his down Trash Talking a handful of times.

1 Like

There’s gravel on that trail :wink:.

I’m always down for a gravel adventure boys!

1 Like

I take my gravel grinder everywhere! Can’t wait to check out your event in a few weeks… preparing myself for all that climbing!

1 Like

That looks like a super fun event. Alas, I work on Saturdays.

1 Like

Chromag is coming for a say!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I can be convinced to do this ride too…

1 Like

I’ll be riding the triple crown. Not sure whether I’ll go FS or use my hard tail Surly Ogre dirt cruising machine. Leaning towards the Ogre with fatties on. Sounds like a super fun event.

4 Likes

Was that the blue one today with the dropper post.

The one of only two to make the windmill climb?

1 Like

That hill made no sense. Legit watched 2 people just not be able to spin their legs vs the grade. I looped out and fell off the bike haha.

1 Like

Awesome ride yesterday! Can’t wait to see the pictures. Thanks again @Matthieu_Fraser, can’t wait to come back down for a tour

2 Likes

Senseless suffering can really define a gravel ride. The muddy double track descents were super sketch on 40mm gravel tires. I had a great time and I’ll be back next year.

3 Likes

Hope to make it next year. Sounds like a great time.

2 Likes