Happy 30th Birthday Trails at Long Lake

Occurred to me the other day that the trails at long lake were started in I think, 1994. Mid 90s to 2000ish it was the place to go and I had a great time riding with some great people there. Too bad I couldn’t do anything about making it official so it could be maintained properly but the gong show official association was too much. Might check it out this summer for old times sake.

BTW, the map is from 1996, my earliest copy. The 1994 version only had “rose bowl” and a few other trails in that area.

That last pic is me on Tim Horton’s Face of Jesus. The approach was worse than this.

22 Likes

So cool to see this stuff, @tossedsalad!

2 Likes

How do I give this more than one like?

5 Likes

This is so awesome, tossed. The Sunday morning rides I used to do with buddies in that system were a big part of what gave me some of the skills I have now. So much tech.

And yes, the LLPPA were completely batshit. Those meetings were insane. Long live flappygums.

3 Likes

A million memories and all of them are good.
Some of the most challenging riding I have ever done on bikes we wouldn’t touch today
And
Still some of the best winter riding around when the conditions are right

3 Likes

Be cool to see this on a plaque at a few key places. Its still used frequently by dog walkers, hikers, runners and the odd tweaker.

Be nice to have the history preserved.

-CN

2 Likes

TH FOJ at night with maybe a vista light to light your way and 80mm of front travel if you were lucky…. Luxury … fun times :smiley:

3 Likes