Hitch Mount Rack Recommendations

mine is an XT, wonder if its a newer design?

I just looked it up, looks like the XT changed the spacing between bikes for more clearance over the original T2 Pro

Sorry, ignore my previous post. I should have checked before posting. Turns out my rack is the T2 Pro XT. The add on is aptly named T2 Pro XT Add-on.

How have your exoeriences been with the T2 Pro XT, @Ghost?

No. I do give it a good shake after tightening it into the hitch. That usually loosens it up and I tighten it a bit more. If I repeat that a couple of times when putting the rack on the vehicle, it always stays tight.

I’ve had the Thule T2 Pro for 3 years, I really like it and haven’t had any issues with it bouncing around too much. I take it off every year when the roads start getting salted.

Anybody want to trade a yakima roof setup (towers, bars, pile of random qclips, three bike racks plus a king cobra or something in the barn) for a two bike hitch mount?

I have a Thule Doubletrack XT from Canadian tire, took 2 bikes to Ontario and back. No problems, I trust it.

I have a Thule 2 bike one for sale, but its the style your top tube sits one. I can send a pic if you send me your email

@Rolls and @Goose : Does the Kuat Transfer 2 have any sort of wobble to it? Curious about this versus the more expensive NV Base 2.0

There’s a thru bolt at the hitch that cinches it tight.

2 Likes

I used to have the Yakima Holdup. Loved it. It was always secure with no wobble at all. Only problem was that it was annoying to raise and lower due to the location of the thing that allowed that. I now have the Dr Tray and I hate it. It does not fit longer bikes. Bikes do no feel secure. The arms are more difficult to use. It uses a damn wedge in the hitch instead of a threaded pin. Apparently it’s been updated to fit longer bikes. I switched to Dr Tray because it was lighter and my cars are all small. Mistake.

1 Like

I just got the Kuat Transfer 2 installed on my car and it is an awesome rack! No wobble, which was such an upgrade from my old rack. Definitely recommend, especially at the price! Also super light.

(I’m still holding out for the Kuat Sherpa, but car got rear ended and needed a quick fix, and the Sherpas are back ordered until October…)

4 Likes

Welcome to the club. Haha

1 Like

Did you select a rack yet? This one doesn’t sound too bad… Facebook Groups

Apparently I wrote a reply to this thread quite a few days ago but it didn’t post…

I ended up snagging a Kuat Transfer 2 from Rackattack a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting for my trailer hitch to get installed and I’m all set.

Thanks everybody for your input!

2 Likes

Action in Dartmouth for the mount?

1 Like

Yep. Just waiting for my install appointment.

1 Like

What’s a hitch install go for these days on a SUV type of rig?

On my Tucson, a 2" hitch installed cost me $307 at Action after tax. Might have cost a smidge more if I bothered to get the wiring done too for a proper trailer.

1 Like