How do you store your bikes?

I live in an apartment, so I don’t have the luxury of a garage or storage area to store my bikes. I actually saw an infomercial about this product:

Bike Nook

I don’t think I have ever seen any infomercial that tempted me to buy the product until this one. 40 bucks seems reasonable, but I have three bikes strewn about my apartment, so that could add up. Honestly, I think with some 2x4’s and an afternoon, I could create some reasonable facsimiles. But, it got me curious. For those who don’t have big storage spaces, how do you store your bikes?

In my apartement before I got a house I would stack one on the kitchen table and 2 next to it. Or sometimes put one on my 2nd couch. I never found an area big enough for a rack.

I’m fortunate that I currently have a den in my apt that is for all my bikes, camping, and outdoor gear. But I screwed a board to the wall making sure to hit studs and then put rubberized hooks into the board. Works great.

5 Likes

Same idea. Couple of two by fours and some heavy duty hooks from the dollar store. In my basement rec room. All in cost me about $12.

6 Likes

Right now the bikes are in the ‘bike room’ (unfinished basement) of our house, but we expect to be downsizing this summer. The 2x4 into a stud and then bike hooks looks to be the best use of space, and I suspect my solution will look a lot like that. Having the heights staggered will help keep everything compact - I hadn’t really considered that.

Thanks!

I got the idea from here…

1 Like

I strap mine to the outside of the hayloft with baler twine. J/k but really.

4 Likes