Https://www.pinkbike.com/news/sram-wireless-eagle-axs-drivetrain-explained.html

New Electronic shifting from SRAM…

2 Likes

Going to be expensive, if you smash one of those on a rock or catch a stick in it!

1 Like

Time to upgrade! If I had a job.

2 Likes

… In a bike shop.

That would certainly help.

Pass, I arbitrarily draw the line at batteries/wireless/motors, etc. With admittedly zero experience ,it’s just something more to go wrong/not be able to work on myself/become obsolete quicker.
I can appreciate how full-suss, modern geo, hydraulic brakes and dropper posts can increase my endorphin rush in my attempts to get radical-but not this. That being said, if I was a better/stronger rider, I’d just ride my old singlespeed all the time.
Sorry, End rant

5 Likes

Bonus points for the Simpsons video!

1 Like

Agreed, that Simpsons segment was always one of my favourites, more so now that I’m 50. D’oh! Anyway, electronic shifting is the shit. I have it on a road bike and would kill for it to be on my MTB, so precise and holds/adjusts for wear and tear over time. You can still do your own work on it, you just need to throw a computer in the workshop. And have oodles of cash. Which I do not… Sax a ma phone…

2 Likes

The price will keep it off any of my bikes for a long while. Although I would have liked it when I was having thumb issues.

1 Like

One time I burnt my right hand thumb and couldn’t use the rapid fire shifters so I put a 7sp thumbshifter on (was able to use it with 8sp though) so I could still shift with the palm of my hand.

I still haven’t made the switch to 9 speed on some of my bikes, let alone 12 with electronic shifters.

2 Likes