Interesting new option for fat bike suspension fork

These ones look interesting too. From pics I’ve seen I think Bruce at Hub Cycle rides a fatty with one of these forks.

Yea those are really nice! No rebound adjustment of course. Whats interesting about the Luna fork is its 200$ price tag P

Is tapered steerer standard used on fat bikes or have they stayed with 1 1/18?

All the new ones are but mine is not for example. Same with @Jetter, his is like mine.

“Lightweight (6 pounds)”

If they are comparing that to a Monster T fork, then yes, that is lightweight, but being over 50% heavier than a Bluto (3.96lbs), I would never call the Luna Lander “lightweight”. I guess that’s what you get for $200 though. I guess more options isn’t a bad thing.

options will help bring overall cost down and 2lb more for saving almost 600$ is not a bad trade off when your poor like me :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine, and presumably yours are in an awkward middle ground. They can be run 1-1/8" with internal (zero stack) headset cups, or can be run with a tapered steerer, but the lower headset cup sits below and externally from the frame.

2 Likes

i was checking on those kind of forks, but would likely decide to go with mint 2nd hand bluto as they are more tried, tested and light in terms of product reliability. Just dont want to end with those rider’s who broke they’re forks while doing some gnarly hard landing as what @IanM_MTB did in that flipside w/ his fatbluto :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

Renegade makes a fat bike fork too. Not cheap, but seems to be good quality from reviews.

http://fatbikerepublic.blogspot.ca/2017/01/fatbike-front-suspension-guide.html

3 Likes

thanks @FatbikeRepublic pretty good blogs youv’e got.

1 Like

Thanks @shadowfox70 :slight_smile: