Irishman's Rd Grooming: Snow Reports / Rides

Just ride everything!

Did you end making it out today Jeff? I did’t get there until 2ish. and promptly exploded my derailleur!

Yeah mate, that’s pretty much what we did, some trails multiple times. It was a good time.

Sorry to hear about your derailleur!

It was great riding today! lots of people enjoying the outdoors!

Great conditions!

Feb 8 Grooming Report: Deep!

Yep, lots of snow to be had! Attempted to groom the trails today. Ended up mostly pushing, pulling and digging out a buried groomer, followed by digging out my buried truck…

I did manage to get a draft past around the main loops but will need to go back tomorrow and do a second pass to clean up a few spots where I got mega stuck.

For now, leave the bike at home, grab your snowshoes and skis. I’ll be prime for that use.

Will update again tomorrow.

8 Likes

The snow is definitely more snowshoeing right now for sure.

1 Like

Feb 9 Update:

Did some more this morning. Still far too soft to be out on the bike or to hike with out snowshoes. Skiing and snowshoeing is great however. A small track set loop for xc skiing got added to the lower soccer field today too.

9 Likes

Feb 12
Soft. still very soft. I attempted another round of grooming, evened out some tracks and widened the trails a bit but sorry folks, I’d say it’s not going to be good for biking yet.

Take your snowshoes and xc skis still.

1 Like

ok… so I’ll ad that you might be ok on a fat bike with low presses in some of the higher trafficked areas but will will likely be a slog. Slog at your own risk.

3 Likes

Feb 20
Conditions are quite good. A tad bumpy this morning from some foot traffic but it has been snowing pretty much all day here. Plan to do a morning groom to buff in the new snow. We’ve got a good base of snow now so I can groom most of the trails in the park now.

Sunday should be excellent riding!

6 Likes