Just a Warning. Also Fishing for Info

Norco has been notoriously unreliable for warranty parts and replacement lately.
1 friend waiting a year to no avail for his replacement, and myself waiting 4 months for a dropper, having a bottom bracket improperly installed from factory. Frame issues, and now a frame bolt which needs replaced has been 3 months for nothing to come. Not only that, Norco has not been responsive via email, Facebook, or other social media. After a message followed by a thumbs up they blocked me, as my messages no longer deliver. This is the same case for my friend waiting on a bike claim for over a year, blocked on Twitter as well. Keep this in mind while shopping.

Is Norco going broke? Switching hands or just down right a deplorable company.

2 Likes

They might not have it to send. I ordered a spare derailleur hanger a month or so ago from Norco and it came in a couple weeks. Maybe try reaching out to Live To Play, I think they are the parent company of Norco, might be able to help.

1 Like

I’m surprised that they are dealing with him at all. Most consumer stuff goes through a dealer but they probably have someone doing “consumer relations”.

Yes, Norco the distributor was rebranded Live to Play quite a few years ago, Norco was retained as the name of the bike brand.,

Good luck to whoever pursuing a result through direct channels but the squeaky wheel sometimes gets the grease.

If you are going to ban Norco from your life I have a few other brands to add, ha ha.

Ps, not making light on your situation, this does suck.

1 Like

Depending on the hanger, other brands might work in the future.

Global shortage on components so they probably just don’t have them from their supplier, that doesn’t mean questions should g unanswered though, provided they are asked in the appropriate channel.

Is the bolt something unique, or could one be sourced somewhere? Specs on the bolt?

1 Like

I also did use appropriate channels aka my bike shop. Which they were told in March it would be there by the end of the month.

I’ve tried every possible route. It’s a bolt and washer specific to the bike but I’ll have to have something made. Regardless, Norco is a joke. Even before the parts shortage they were impossible to get claims taken care of through.

Tried my bike shop. Was told in March they would have it by April. In April they contacted Norco again at which they replied “it’s in stock, it will be there by May.

Shortage or not, they seem to have lots of frames to sell. Taking care of customers should be a priority, not something to back burner while the getting is good.

Agreed, at this point the only solution for them in lieu of parts from manufacturer in Asia is to strip what you need from a frameset that they have in stock. I used to do that as the last resort and just have to sit on an unsellable bike until I got the parts eventually.

3 Likes

Fun update. Hub Cycle contacted Norco again, apparently they just completely forgot to mail out the parts and misplaced them. :clap::clap::clap:

Let’s see when they show up. Built my own spacers for the time being.

1 Like

I’m betting Friday or Monday.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be sweet haha, anyways I guess you just have to keep rattling chains.

Spring 2022, probably looking for a burlier non Norco frame.

3 Likes

Jeez, went from hate to planning to buy another real quick. Given what you’ve said in your original post, are you sure its the right decision to stay with Norco for your next purchase?

1 Like

Pretty sure it says NON norco frame in his post.

5 Likes

Seems like your shop didn’t exactly take the best care of you either. They obviously should have followed up long before now.

2 Likes

Non Norco my dude!

1 Like

Phew! My ADHD causes me miss things when reading, glad it does say that!

1 Like