Keji Sneak Peak

Such a shame that the big rock was in the way of the trail, forcing you to go around it :wink:

2 Likes

It’s been a while…bridges go in tomorrow.

16 Likes

Holy berms!:astonished:

5 Likes

Looks so sweet!

1 Like

Hard to believe this is happening in a national park, looks fun.

6 Likes

How much are they planning on charging per hour?:yum:

2 Likes

Is the trail with the berms going to be designated and enforced as cycling only? The speeds that the size of those berms suggest is not conducive to a happy multi use trail.

1 Like

The reality is that our National Parks are meant to be enjoyed by every Canadian requiring the need to make all our assets “multi-use”. That same outlook went into the design of this trail. Although I’ve been successful in pushing the boundaries a little on this project, there are enough chokes and corrals that will keep hiker/biker conflict at a minimum. In theory, with the sight lines and the chokes/corrals there shouldn’t be any problems. Also, this is Keji…its mostly flat.

13 Likes

Just finished discussing signage for this trail…looks like this trail will open for spring.

12 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

Im guessing this section of trail is still marked as closed? I thought about heading down to check out the park for the day and wondered if bringing my bike.

We go camping at keji every year and take our bikes…can’t wait to check this out next year once the campground re-opens!

The park is still open, its just Jeremys Bay that you cant access right now. The new trail starts at the visitors center and makes its way to the Mersey river trail. I called the park this morning to ask about its status, but they didn’t seem to know much about the trail, its status, or when it might be available to use.

It’s visible on trailforks and the latest park day-use map, but both are still saying closed.

It’s still closed. Plan is to open in by/in August.

5 Likes

Open now? I see activity online for people riding it

Pirates!
Still closed. The park is now saying open for Labour Day.

2 Likes

Poaching in a National Park! Must be a big fine for that!

2 Likes

I figured I’d ask first. It doesn’t surprise me at all that this particular user would upload a public ride on closed trails. Some people are just assholes.

2 Likes

Strava?
Could of been me…lol

negative! :laughing: