Lake William trail

A big machine is making progress on the connection between lake Charles and lake William

12 Likes

On both ends you can ride a ways in
Looks like it will be a great trail when finished

4 Likes

I have been checking it out and it is moving along at a good pace. I hope they get the pedestrian bridge in this year over the still water so we can go all the way through. Hope they don’t damage line 24 too much getting their machinery in and out.

I was up there today and it seems like the operator was keeping to the right and off the trail as much as possible. There were some saplings knocked down across the trail in a few spots, but nothing serious.

2 Likes

I heard a major berm was damaged by the machines; but a little damaged that can be repaired is probably acceptable for getting a ton of new trail opened up.

I did a bit of repair to the beginning of the berm to make it work ok. I did it with a rock so it will need a real fix at some point.

1 Like

@Coaster2 there is no point in doing any repair work until the trail connection is completed, it will just get destroyed as they are running the excavator through there daily. I wouldn’t anticipate any fix until the summer if we are lucky.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the connection - not much of a singletrack ride, but being able to ride from shubie to rocky lake and then to MacDonald sports park would make a 40-50 km round trip ride without any significant pavement.

5 Likes