Light Up Bedford Parade

That time of year again…ECMTB will once again be riding in the Light Up Bedford Parade. Bring your partners/kids/friends, everyone is welcome to ride with us and it’s always a great time!

Just secure as many lights to your bike as you can safely ride with, and you’re good to go. If you need lights, Dollar Store/Walmart/Canadian Tire are a good source for glow sticks and cheap battery operated LEDs.

Where: Meet at DeWolf Park, Bedford
When: Sunday, Nov 17/19 - assemble by 5pm at the latest.
Difficulty: An easy 3.5 km route through Bedford.

Notes: Parade goes ahead rain or shine. There is no parking at DeWolf Park - your best bet is to park at the Mill Cove Sobeys (near the start of the parade route), or the Bedford Place Mall (the end of the parade route).

• Yes, see you there!
  • No, wish I could.
  • No, I’m broken.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

1 Like

A few shots from last year…

lub2

lub1

lub3

1 Like

can’t wait!!!

2 Likes

Bring the kiddies too.

2 Likes

Is this the Saturday or Sunday? I heard two different dates from people. Need to book off for work and want to get the right day.

It’s on Sunday;

Thanks, just wanted to confirm

2 Likes

Also, where did you attach the battery pack for the lights in the wheels. I may give that a go this year

You can kind of see it in the photo below. It’s zip tied to the spokes near the hub

1 Like

So far the forecast is looking good for Sunday…should be a big crowd.

2 Likes

All ready for tomorrow night!

9 Likes

All ready to go

5 Likes

2 Likes

Likely going to be about 10-15 mins after 5, kiddo has gymnastics til 430 :crossed_fingers:

We don’t start rolling til closer to 6 anyway.

Great ride everybody!! Lots of fun!

3 Likes

Quick little video from the parade on Sunday, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good stuff, thanks for riding with us!

2 Likes

Something we forget to mention each year is that this parade is in support of Feed Nova Scotia. Cash and food donations are collected along the parade route. This year they collected $3,266 in cash and 826kg of food, which is enough for Feed NS to provide over 6,700 meals!

2 Likes