Logo

Hey all,

I added a logo we’re testing. It is up there for trial for now. Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Like

I like the other logo more, but I could see this as a sticker with “.net” added. At the current size the “EC” gets lost an is hard to read, at larger sizes it is not bad. I would have the biker like this (excuse the crude photoshopping)

The sprocket logo is used a lot, I thought I would strike out and try a few different logo designs and then refine the one that gets the most favorable response.

This logo is clearer from a distance. I am not hard fixed on this logo.

The .net addition is cool. The rider and the E are battling it out though.

If I was still home, I would share the psd file for all to play with.

Here is what the logo would look like on a dark background:

I think the above works well for the forum header because of the space constraints. And the .net tag at the end is a good idea.

But for swag I’d prefer a full blown logo - this one is open to comments/suggestions as well.

1 Like

I think we need to find one that works in all cases.

I think we need a third option before we put the logos to a vote, anyone have suggestions for a #3 logo?

Whipped this out real quick to get the idea, so the image quality is crappy.

3 Likes

Nice one @bent6543!

Can we fit it to the top logo?

For context, the logo at its minimum size will need to be in two forms for the forum:
collapsed (this one becomes 45 x 76):

and wide (this one becomes: 45 x 189):

What do we keep for the collapsed portion?

I find it funny that you added the tire track @bent6543. JeffV, Rolls, and I were talking about the logos on Saturday and one of us mensioned that the logo should maybe have a tire track in it.

maybe…

Yeah the tire track is kind of cliche but I think it works well, I cut the splash tread right off the internet, ultimately I would change it use a more MTB tread pattern.

Needs more refinement, but I like it. I agree with using more aggressive tread pattern. The dirt splat feel fits our vibe better that the cleaner logos too.

I wonder what other placements would look like: frame stickers, t-shirts, events banner, etc…

@bent6543, once you feel you have it to the point you are happy with, we can try it on the site for a couple of days.

if greyscale in’t your flavour

2 Likes

2 Likes

for the rider one loss the terrain so that the letters stand out more and place the front tire on the bottom curl of the c instead. also swap the colours for the ec and rider the ec should be dark letters like the mtb and the cyclist done in a lighter shade to get the whole logo to really pop.

There’s a card for that @jetter!

1 Like