Looking for info on Kingdom Trails

Hey Gang,
Hoping to finally check out Kingdom Trails in Vermont with the family this year! Anyone have any info to pass on? Must ride trails, places to stay, places to eat, etc. would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

We rented a condo on Burke Mountain and rode the trails down to the valley where most of the trails were. A hurricane had just come through so the trails on the hill were closed. It was many years ago and large sections of trails have been closed to to conflicts between landowners and disrespectful, unappreciative mountain bikers.

1 Like

It has been quite a few years since I was there(14-15) The ride up east darling hill road from town sucks. If you are going to ride the trails that start up there, drive to the top and park in the designated parking. It isn’t super long, but it is pretty steep and fairly narrow.

Sidewinder is worth hitting. Don’t really remember what other trails were good, but the whole trip was great riding.

1 Like

We stayed at the Lyndon Motor Lodge, which wasn’t fancy, but adequate for our stay.

The ride to the top of the hill from the welcome center in the valley was a pain, especially on a hot day, like Slider says. Parking at the top avoided the climb, but on the other hand, finishing the ride with a run down Kitchel into the Valley was always a good way to finish.

A couple of favorite trails off the hill that we enjoyed for nice flow were Skydive and Farmjunk.

1 Like

Nothing but good things to say about making a trip to East Burke! I made a trip down last summer and The Orange Rind was a hit for me, great food and outdoor seating right alongside of the trails. They hosted a taco truck, and was easily one of the best tacos I’ve ate in my life.

There are so many great trails in the area, it is all about what you are into! If you are looking for gravity trails, Burke Mountain is a must!

1 Like

Amazing Place!!

We stayed at the campgrounds on Burke Mountain. (3/3 on good weather). We rode either Jbar or Dead Moose Alley, then Burham Down to the village every morning. The up to the trails by the Inn on the hill. Rest of group would meet us there or park in the village and ride up. Sidewinder (on repeat is a must!!), Kitchel are two that really standout that I can remember the names. Cant go wrong there!
We ate at the pub right behind the Trails pass store. cant recall name. It was OK. We ate better at the campground over a fire grill.
Enjoy! How long a drive from Halifax is it? Anyone know? Always drove from Toronto. I imagine its a bit longer drive from here…

1 Like

11 and a half hours according to Google Maps.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Stoked to check it out!

A couple years ago a bunch of land owners pulled access to a few sections. I’m not sure where it stands now with that so be sure to make sure your info is up to date. There is a bike shop in Burke and the kingdom trail association (not sure the official name) that does a lot of the trail advocacy that will know everything if you reach out.

Side winder and webs are my favorite trails if you’re looking for suggestions.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard about the trail closures, I imagine the trail forks map is up to date as there are a few shaded out areas that say “no mountain biking”. Thanks bad apples…
I’m sure the visitor centre they have set up there will inform us as well. The website/Facebook/YouTube page seems saturated with “ride with gratitude” and trail etiquette info as a result.
looks like there still lots to enjoy, riding with the fam, I doubt I’ll come close to riding all of the available trails. I can adjust my taco truck/tiki bar to trail shredding ratio as needed :laughing: :man_mountain_biking: :taco: :beers:

2 Likes

As expected Kingdom Trails was awesome, would definitely make the trip again.
Lots of cool flowy riding the whole family enjoyed. The town has an awesome vibe. So many good places to eat/drink. Cooling off in the river after riding was fantastic.
Had some local(ish) friends show me around one day followed by sitting out an epic thunderstorm at the tiki bar.
Would recommend.

7 Likes