Looking for MTB Trails in NB

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post and I’ll keep it short. My wife and I are headed for the cost of New Brunswick for the end of the month; going through Moncton, Shediac, Kouchibouguac, Miramichi, and Bathurst.

Can anyone suggest any trails we should check out along our travels? We tend to stick with Spider Lake and The Whopper here at home but also enjoy rolling double trails besides single track.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

For Mirimachi, the trails at French Fort Cove are awesome. French Fort Cove is very easy to find, has a good sized parking lot at the trailhead with some maps posted I believe. Otherwise, drop in to Incline Sports and chat with Scott, he’ll tell you the best way to ride the trails.

For Moncton get a hold of Dwayne Beaumont...dstbab@hotmail.com. He is one of the lead guys in taking care of the absolutely awesome trails at HIllsborough.

Kouchibouguac has some trails in the park. Won’t blow your mind from what I’m told, mostly gravel path, but it’s still a ride.

For Bathurst, you aren’t too far away from Campbellton (Sugarloaf) for some DH, lift access if it’s still open then. Check out their site at parcsugarloafpark.ca/bikepark/.

Shediac, I’ve heard there is mostly ATV trails, but haven’t personally ridden much around there.

Hope this has been helpful and have fun!

riderx has got you covered…Hillsborough is a blast you don’t want to skip going there

Here’s a link to download a map for French Fort Cove: http://www.miramichi.org/en/living/parksandtrails.asp

Kouchibouguac has one dedicated MTB trail called Major Kollock Creek Trail, the rest that is legal is gravel paths
http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/nb/kouchibouguac/activ/ete-summer/randonnee-hiking/kollock.aspx

We honeymooned at french Fort Cove. LOL. It’s great. I don’t remember seeing much in Bathurst, but that was 8 or 10 years ago.

Wow!
Thanks so much for the responses everyone, especially riderx.
Nice to get the suggestions, and we are much more prepared for our trip.
Hopefully I can return the favour one day.