Martock Fat Bike Festival

1 Like

More information:

There will be demo bikes from Specialized, Norco and others available for use on the XC ski trails from 1-4 pm. For those with their own Fat Bikes you can join in the fun too.

‘Wonder what the buzz on fatbikes is all about? Come try a Specialized or bring your own and ride the nordic trails and some Trail Flow fun.
$5 gets you a trail ticket, a hot drink and treat. Rigister at the trailhead.’

Come out and enjoy Fat Biking at Ski Martock

Can skinnies join in the fun too?

Not sure, but I’ll be there with my semi fat and a couple of fat bikes folks can use.

I think it will depend on the conditions as to whether or not a skinny wheeled bike would be of any use to be honest. If we get the snow they are predicting, it will be tough to ride anything but a Fat bike. The snow tends to stay fluffier than in the city.

The Fat bike tire also has far less impact than a skinny tire on the XC ski trails (which we’ll be riding on), depending on the conditions.

EDIT Was just talking with Martock and have confirmed that only Fat Bikes will be allowed. The skinnier tires will damage the XC trails. There will be plenty of bikes from Specialized available for use, so come on out!

1 Like

What are the pedal options? Can we bring our own clipless?

Yes, bring your own pedals if you can. The majority of demo bikes will be the Specialized Demo fleet and the mechanic accompanying the bikes will have some pedals, but having your own would be good too.

1 Like

Still happening! See you at the hill.

Thanks for the fat time, those bikes were fun!

+1

Amazing! So much fun riding the XC trails at Martock.

There were about 80 folks out trying out some sweet rides from Specialized, Norco, and others. There were also some there with their own rides.

It was a great turnout and a very positive experience for everyone who showed up and to Ski Martock, Sweet Ride Cycle, Valley Stove and Cycle and Banks Bikes for being there!