Maxxis Tire Failures

250-400 km on this dissector (150$$) bead separated from Sidewall. “Dealer” claims this is normal for High Price/Performance Maxxis tires, and is just the cost of having good tires. So this had no rock strikes, no punctures, ran at appropriate psi. Is this something anyone else has come across? I’ve had tires with 2000 km do this but none 2 months in.

Email Maxxis themselves and see what they have to say. I had them warranty a Rekon Race for me recently, they get you to take some photos of the tire, the issue and some of the stuff that identifies the batch and fill out a warranty application form. I submitted that stuff, not long after they said they were going to replace the tire, asked for my shipping info and I had a brand new replacement tire in a couple weeks. Was pretty impressed with their service.

6 Likes

“Dealer” is full of $hit. That’s a warranty claim for sure. If they won’t help you reach out to maxxis directly, and maybe don’t shop there anymore.

4 Likes

Thank you will follow through an update you!

The dealer in question has an issue, that looks like it has a very good chance of being warrantied. Like others said, contact Maxxis directly. Most of these companies have great customer service.

1 Like

I had a Maxxis tire show up on my brand new Rocky Mountain bike that was bad. Had a wobble in it. Was discouraged from dealing with any warranty as was told Maxxis is a pain to deal with regarding warranties.

1 Like

I had a wobble in one too and they sent me a new one. Took a few weeks though

1 Like

Two months? I would have sent it back or at least contacted the supplier before making the call. Looks like NRG is a supplier who are pretty good to deal with, though I thought Lambert was as well who are a PITA.

Anyway, here is the form here Bicycle Warranty - MAXXIS Canada and you can deal with it yourself. Seems pretty straightforward. Sorry to hear about the runaround from your local dealer.

7 Likes

I have Maxis tires that have a few hundred k on them this summer and the lugs are ripping off

1 Like

I think the QC post covid has been awful and am looking to support someone who isn’t a Chinese mega company so I’ll be switching to versus tires I think.

1 Like

@SQUATCH where are versus manufactured? I can’t find much info online about who actually builds the tires and where the manufacturing base is.

2 Likes

I often think how cool it would be if Michelin made bike tires at one of the local plants

3 Likes

Michelin’s bicycle tires are manufactured in Thailand and Taiwan.

2 Likes

You’re right all roads lead to nowhere I’m sure overseas though. It seems as if Maxxis has labeled my issue a defect but no word on remediation.

At least I know I wasn’t crazy, and tires should last more than 300-400 km

3 Likes

Update!

Maxxis said it was a definite defect. New tire shipped today.

9 Likes

Yay! And boo to whoever blew you off.

2 Likes

Obviously it would be better to have products without issue but I was pretty happy with the response from Maxxis to quickly offer a replacement.

2 Likes