McIntosh Run - Volunteer Trail Work Sunday Apr 30th

From the fine folks at MRWA:

Hello MRWA Volunteers!

Please join us to help finish “Boulderama” on Sunday April 30th, 10:00 - 12:30. Boulderama will be a fun, easy trail between In-N-Out and Orange Jelly. We will meet at the bottom of Angler Drive near Herring Cove (map).

What to expect:
We will be finishing the tread of a machine-built trail which involves cutting loose roots, moving small to medium rocks, and shaping the tread for good drainage. The 10-minute walk to the work site includes unfinished trail over rough terrain and two rock-hop creek crossings. All are welcome, no experience necessary!

What to bring:
Please bring water, work gloves, sturdy footwear, long pant and long sleeves. We have LOTS of tools, but if you have a sturdy hard rake and/or sturdy loppers, please bring them just in case the turnout is very high.

Boulderama is part of Phase 2 of the McIntosh Run Trail System, an approved network of singletrack trails for muscle-powered recreation on public land between Spryfield and Herring Cove. The McIntosh Run Watershed Association is building the trails to provide access to the wild lands of the watershed, with the goal of fostering appreciation for the land and waterways in their natural state.

It has been a very long time since we reached out to everyone who has signed up for emails about volunteer events. If you no longer wish to be subscribed to this email list, please unsubscribe with the link in the footer.

Thanks and see you out there!

McIntosh Run Watershed Association

7 Likes

By all reports it was a well attended and successful session!

A few pics from @adventurer.

(I’m out of province for a few weeks at least, so wasn’t there.)

14 Likes

The final count was something like 35 people! We got an awesome amount of work done in just 2 hours.

14 Likes

My first MRWA trail day. Once we got started, the 2 hours of digging and moving rocks and building trail was great, and good for the soul.

I will now forever have a special attachment to that part of that trail. I hope to participate more frequently (but alas projects at home tend to take all my time).

If you haven’t come out to a volunteer day, I recommend it!

4 Likes