MEC Mountain Bike Group Rides

The Monday MEC ride will be at Fight (Lou’s and Attic). Still 3 spots left if you want to sign up.

http://events.mec.ca/event/171651/mtb-trail-ride-jun19

@Rolls I’ll see you there :slight_smile:

:wave:

First time at Fight Trail… this should be interesting. See you folks there.

2 Likes

Shit, I have to bail, can’t get out of work. Have a good one!

@damsam how’d you make out at Fight?

Thanks - it was great. Really want to get back and try it again as we did a lot of stopping and starting for orientation.

Lots of very challenging stuff in there (felt like I walked a lot!). Also way too many pedal strikes due to not carrying enough speed to get up some of the steeper features.

3 Likes

That will all come together after spending more time in there. I realize it can be a little intimidating but after a few rides things become more manageable and fun. The trail system is no where near as confusing as first timers think. It’s would be damn hard to get lost there. I remember when I first started riding. I would look at the trail and say,“there is no way anyone is riding this stuff”. But a few weeks later I found myself cleaning most of it. Like anything else, mountain biking is a learned skill. Just think of all the awesome fun you will have learning :slight_smile: I’ve been riding for 17 years now and LOVE every second of it…sorry where did all of that come from

4 Likes

For sure. Fight is a place that will always teach you something new. That ride was my funnest ride there yet.

2 Likes

It’s a process - always looking forward to the next ride!

2 Likes

Anyone know where the MEC ride is tonight?