Minto - Whole Lobster Roll - Sat Sep 25/21

Take the challenge and ride all of Minto’s trails that encompass “The Whole Lobster Roll” - in one day! This is an unoffical event for all skill levels and ages who want to get in on the fun.

For those who want to do a group ride, leaders will depart every 10 minutes beginning at 10am. We encourage you to join a group however you are welcome to go it on your own. We will provide maps and lists of trails.

Registration fee is $20. If you are not a Velo NB member, you must pay an additional $10 for insurance. Stay tuned for online registration to open.

Milda’s Pizza will be on site for lunch & dinner. Tiny Trails bar opens at noon.

CHOOSE YOUR BADGE!

The Whole Lobster Roll - 37km of both Legacy & New England trails:

JDI, Beginner Trail, Coal Mine, Jones Trail, Mud Dump, Geiger Counter, 8200 Connector, 8200, Tabula Rasa, Caveat Emptor, Dragline, Spoil Banks, Upper Canadian, Serenity Now, Forlogne, Castor, Canary, Doctor’s Orders, Insanity Later, Scotia Bank, Highwall, & Reclamation.

The Whole Lobster Roll with Butter – 45km of every trail:

JDI, Beginner Trail, Coal Mine, Jones Trail, Mud Dump, Geiger Counter, 8200 Connector, 8200, Tabula Rasa, Caveat Emptor, Dragline, Spoil Banks, Upper Canadian, Serenity Now, Forlogne, Castor, Canary, Doctor’s Orders, Insanity Later, Shaken, Not Stirred, Shaken Not Stirred, Novel Strain, Black Gold, The Outer Limits, Viral, Social Distancing, Scotia Banks, Highwall, & Reclamation.

The Claw – 22km of the New England trails:

Tabula Rasa, Caveat Emptor, Dragline
Spoil Banks, Upper Canadian, Serenity Now, Forlogne, Castor, Canary, Doctor’s Orders, Insanity Later, Scotia Banks, Highwall & Reclamation.

The Tail – 15km of the Legacy trails:

JDI, Beginner Trail, Coal Mine, Jones Trail, Mud Dump, Geiger Counter, 8200 Connector, & 8200.

Q: Why “The Whole Lobster Roll”? A: The Whole Lobster Roll was created by MTBM for those who want to devour all the trails in Minto in one day. A culinary nod to Moab’s mecca of MTB trails and “The Whole Enchilada”. The north east coast equivalent is “The Lobster Roll”. It’s decadent, smooth, a little crunchy, and can bite you if you get distracted by the wonder of its creation.

6 Likes

While I’m certainly gutted that the Coal Miner’s Lung 60k race is no longer happening in Minto this would be a great ‘consolation’ event!
You can pick your poison and there’ll be people to ride with.
For those who haven’t ridden Minto, it’s the sweetest singletrack network in Atl Canada IMO. Flowy, hardpacked, tech of various levels, lots of demanding up and down- and that 45km of trail listed is without touching your tracks. Hit it in reverse the next day and you’ve got 90k of unique singletrack. Go see why riders like Pendral and L’esperance call it “heaven” and “amazing.”

7 Likes

Too bad it conflicts with the festival at Sugarloaf.

Sounds awesome. For some reason I thought it was up by Mirimichi but nope. Getting over a 3 hour drive on google. ugh

Book a site at tiny trails and trust those you know when they talk so highly of the trail system. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not the easiest place to get to, you don’t just ‘pop in’ there from anywhere except Freddy.
As @darkmyth says, ya make a weekend of it and get yer ride and yer campfire on.

4 Likes

I just had a visit with Alicia and Cory at Tiny Trails last night. Great little place. Awesome trails! @streetgang i came out at Magnetic hill. Took the back way but faster going in when travelling from Halifax. As it was my fastest route out today. The locals directed me.

2 Likes