Missed Introduction? Nine Mile River Trails

Was anybody from ECMTB biking out at Nine Mile River Trails on Thurs evening? If you did, and remember meeting a beginner-type on a red Giant XC bike that was me. This is gonna sound really silly, but I’d like to apologize for not introducing myself. Total derp. Anyhow, hope to meet some of you nice folks soon!

3 Likes

Best way to meet us all is do a Tuesday night club ride :beers:

5 Likes

Yeah but the initiation is brutal

1 Like

Pre Initiation : spill a boot beer to the great master and buy him another one.:laughing:

1 Like

I remember the spillage but I think you still owe me an other one there son

3 Likes

I was out there with a couple of my friends… we did run into someone on our way out- probably you? We should have chatted a bit more but we were in the zone. Hope you had a good ride!

3 Likes

The ride was great! Actually found it very eye-opening in terms of gauging where my skills are. I didn’t have time to try Cathedral so I’ll maybe give it a go this weekend. Thanks for the quick chat!

2 Likes

No problem, hope to see you on the trails again!

Nine Mile is in pretty good shape @gtrguy? I was wondering lately how dry it would be now.

Few small mud holes here and there but overall it’s quite dry.

2 Likes

Yeah, deadly ride last night, a bit of mud here and there is the usual spots but very good overall. The work being put into the trails (thanks @Rockhopper and @CyclingGirl ) has made a noticeable difference in a number of spots.

6 Likes

Encouraging to hear that the work at Nine Mile is being enjoyed and appreciated. The trail gets a little better all the time. So much work on our todo list out there though!

@baron - one of the projects on our list for this year is Hemlock Cathedral (also known informally as “the slog loop”). It has many boardwalks with broken boards. Be ready to walk around/over many sections and be careful!

2 Likes