Mountain Bike Pedal Extenders - Recommendations

So I’m a big guy, if you’ve met me you know. I have metal hips and long story short typically have to run PEDAL EXTENDERS. I need a solid recommendation of a trustworthy source. The brand I’ve run from Amazon for years had a failure causing a crash and I’m taking them off all my bikes, hard to trust after that spill.

Riding without them eventually leads to IT band issues and missing paint on my rear triangle. So hoping someone has some ideas.

1 Like

I can hook you up with a pair of extenders from my bike fitting kit. What length do you usually use?

1 Like

20mm. Though even 16 would be dope. I end up off the bike with pain, as soon as I don’t use em.

Do you think they will handle jumping etc? I def won’t buy any on Amazon unless they come with good recommendations! Scary!

Also thanks, bike fit is hard!

They are chromoly. I’m sure they will hold up better than what you can buy on Amazon though. I’m not sure when I’ll have access to them though. I’m still displaced by the fire and the city has stopped providing us with updates.

1 Like

Oh gee that’s a bummer! I hope you’re back in soon. Sorry to hear.

Lemme know what ya want for them!

Appreciate the help, I struggle with bike sizing but love the sport haha. When a company launches an xxl i clap!

Do you find the fit of a fat bike feels good for you? They use wide a wide bb so might get the spacing you’re looking for.

And you could use fat bike cranks (with lots of spacers) on your regular bikes

3 Likes