MRWA Trail Work - Clark Kent - Saturday

Hello MRWA Volunteers!

Please join us on to bring in dirt for Clark Kent, a fun, easy trail in Spryfield. We will be shovelling, wheelbarrowing, raking and tamping dirt. We will be working on Saturday 5 Sept., 9 am - 2 pm. This is a long session! Come for any part of it, or all of it, whatever works for you!

Meet at the end of Drysdale Road in Spryfield (map). If you can bring a sturdy wheelbarrow, please do, but it is not necessary. Bring water, work gloves, sturdy footwear, and clothes appropriate for the weather and for getting dirty. We will provide some snacks and drinks to keep us all going.

You don’t need to attend the entire session, come when you can for as long as you can. All are welcome, no experience necessary!

Clark Kent is part of the McIntosh Run Trail System, an approved network of singletrack trails for non-motorized recreation on public land between Spryfield and Herring Cove.

Thanks and see you out there!

MRWA Trail Committee

6 Likes

Hello MRWA Volunteers!

We are cancelling both the Thursday and Friday trail work sessions due to the wet weather. The trail and the dirt will be too wet to work with. We will reschedule for the weekend, times to be determined. Stay tuned!

MRWA Trail Committee

1 Like

Date changed to tomorrow (Saturday).

3 Likes

Any idea when this will be open to ride? I’m thinking next season? Also how do I get involved? I’d really like to learn some trail building and would love to help out some local trails. I keep wanting to get out to these build days but I always work saturdays

2 Likes

We’re aiming to open the part of Clark Kent above Theakston Drive in the next couple of weeks.

All that is left now is to post signs, clear sight lines, fill some borrow pits (holes dug to get dirt and rocks), and do an inspection with HRM.

The section of Clark Kent between Hartlen Park and Theakston will take more time, but is on track to be opened this season.

To get involved with trail building days, look here. https://mcintoshrun.ca/volunteer/
Near the bottom is the sign-up for volunteer trail days.
Or here: McIntosh Run Watershed Association | Facebook

ps… Clark Kent now appears on Trailforks, but as ‘planned’.
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/clark-kent-246153/

3 Likes

Today was huge… all it takes is some all-day diesels on the wheelbarrows and rakes. We moved in another tandem load of dirt.

Dougald MacDougall from ScotiaScapes lent a plate tamper. Thanks!
Trail is looking great.

7 Likes