MTB Atlantic - Fundy Summit

Who is going for the MTB Atlantic Summit? Anyone plan on riding Fundy or Hillsborough on the 6th?

Wish I could, alas, must work.

2 Likes

@rolls, @jetter and myself will be there representing ecmtb.

We do not know where or when we are riding. I think the plan is to feel it out and jump on what ever group ride that suits our fancy.

2 Likes

I am attending with MRWA and I may ride Hillsborough on the way home on Sunday Morning.

4 Likes

Iā€™m skipping school Thursday afternoon and will be riding.

2 Likes

Ok. Iā€™ve been invited and may go up after Elgin, crash in Moncton and Ride Hillsborough in the AM depending. Iā€™d assume itā€™s a nightmare to find somewhere in Fundy.

Last time I used Air BnB but @Mattcasey303 and I apparently let too many mosquitos in when we left and are banned from that spot.

Hot off the pressā€¦some more info from MTB Atlantic regarding the summitā€™s ā€œRoad Trip Challengeā€ on Sat Oct 5th:

Trail Networks included in the Road Trip Challenge are White Rock, Fundy National Park, Elgin (to cheer on the racers!), the Bluffs, Rockwood, and New Zion/England in Minto! Of course, you can always tag your favourite places to ride on your way to the Summit!ā£
ā£ā£
ā£Sample Road Trip Challenge itineraries for you to choose from and ride in any order you prefer:ā£
ā£ā£
ā£1. Fundy Region - The Whole Tour! White Rock, Elgin, Bluffs, Rockwood, New Zion/England in Minto, and Fundy National Parkā£
ā£ā£
ā£2. Fundy Region - South! Rockwood, Bluffs, Elgin, and Fundy National Parkā£
ā£ā£
ā£3. Fundy Region - Minto to FNP! New Zion/England in Minto, White Rock, Elgin, Bluffs, and Fundy National Parkā£
ā£ā£
ā£4. Fundy Region - White Rock to FNP! White Rock, Elgin, Bluffs, and Fundy National Parkā£
ā£ā£
ā£5. A combination of your choosing!ā£
ā£ā£
ā£6. Outdoor Elements will be leading a group ride through the Goose River Trail in Fundy National Park. Registration for the MTBA Road Trip Challenge is your ticket to participate in this optional group ride! Meeting at 2pm in the Pointe Wolf Parking Lot. Ride time is approximately 3 hours.ā£
ā£ā£
ā£BE SURE TO USE @MTBATLANTIC AND #MTBATLANTIC TO WIN PRIZES! @ White Rock Recreational Area

Get Road Trip Tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/72433635955

1 Like

That event is Saturday October 5th!

2 Likes

I booked a spot in the Fundy Highlands Motel. Iā€™d try there. Just close the screen door behind youšŸ˜‰.

2 Likes

This is why I want a van so badly.

But if youā€™d like company Sunday let me know. If I end up staying Iā€™d rather ride there than Fundy. :tipping_hand_man:

Last I checked there were still some otentiks available in Fundy NP.

1 Like

That looks solid. Maybe a little weekend escape! Thanks!

1 Like

Wish I could make this, looks like an awesome time. Look forward to all the #mtbatlantic pics

3 Likes

We had some interesting talks thursday and today.

I think Saturday is going to be a blast.

Fyiā€¦ you get a nice beer mug and stickers with the $15 road trip fee so def worth it.

2 Likes

I won the give away, but Im guessing after Elgin Iā€™ll be tired and in need of a shower haha. Likely going to motor back to Truro and get a locals ride going at Wentworth or Gore. Iā€™m very undecided, but it will be glad to hear a summary at some point!

1 Like

Mark Schmidt giving a talk about Parks Canada and Mountain Biking. Heā€™s such a great story teller.

1 Like

3 Likes

That pump track is epic. Made a point to bring it up many times at the Railyard consultation.

1 Like

The official Mountain Bike Atlantic site up for all to see.

Looks very snazzy too.

2 Likes