MTB Bell recommendations

Nope, no noise unless you ding it.

1 Like

I yell. People don’t hear my little ding ding bell. A polite HELLO…HI THERE! Works perfectly…and if not you can repeat the HELLO louder and with a really condescending tone for extra satisfaction.

7 Likes

What about a air horn

Sing!

3 Likes

Not sure this would be enough to get me past all the walkers on the Salt Marsh trail but it sure would be fun while it lasted. Maybe save it for the earbud wearing types.:grinning:
120db air horn

1 Like

You beat me to it. I use this an love it. Cars can hear you and it’s good if your in the woods for bears or what not. If you’re on very busy multi-use trails it’s a bit over kill because it scares people and they jump in front of you. But light multi-use trails just a light flick while your far away and they will get the idea.

Options for people I’m passing.

Leave the trail, leave the trail now there is a 270 behemoth perched on this there bike.

Kidding :wink:

I pass where there is room tbh

1 Like

I just started riding from home up the BLT to Whooper so I put a bell on my bike. It’s a Cat’s Eye Super Mini that I think I paid 6 or 7 bucks for it years ago when I commuted. I was very surprised the only time I heard it ‘ring’ was when a branch hit it. There was a slight ‘plasticy’ rattle in really rough sections but overall very little noise.
Not a bad ‘budget option’ for a bell.

1 Like

Loud hub :joy: bit more expensive than a bell but works the same

1 Like

I find there are a lot of folks running/walking at Macrun with earbuds in, they don’t hear anything. Of course, they also seem to get mad when you scare the shit out of them.

11 Likes

I find this insanely annoying.

2 Likes

THIS x100.

Yes, many lately. Screaming rider up from 50 ft back and nothing. Get beside them could hear her music over my own. Another lady with her head buried in her phone.

Someone’s gonna get hurt. You heard it here first.