MVP Trail Maintenance

Great to hear! I love that trail and have been wanting to bring it back to its former glory. Let me know when you are working and I might be able to help.

2 Likes

Sweet will do!

Where I am at. Bushsawed. Going back to clear it more tonight possibly, and mark the wet spots.

Berms need resurfacing, do you have any other ideas of what should be done?

A lot of people say it used to be the best trail before it went under changes but since I don’t have a history in the area I don’t know what the trails history is. I did re open up 2 side lines that were super overgrown.

I don’t recall any big changes but it used to have a lot more flow. Brushing it out and improving the sightlines will help a lot.

Last Spring I worked on the lower section to improve drainage and fix some erosion from that Spring but it needs a bit more I think. I always thought it would be great to fill in and smooth some of the rough and wet spots in upper sections to improve the flow.

There is also a short black diamond section above the current entrance that had a couple of small gap jumps that has pretty much been abandoned I think. Revitalizing that would add some overall distance to the trail as well.

1 Like

If that is still within the MVP area land agreement I’ll get at it as soon as I get the saw back. Have to do the flight deck as well.

The flow is better, but I agree. There is a corner near a big tree up top id love to build a berm and rollable step down table small, like basically a berm with a lip,

Then I’m gonna haul in some rock for wet spots and kinda “concrete” it.

If you’ve ridden pinball since I opened up the sight lines it’s a world faster.

I found it insanely rough the other week, and ran into a few intermediate riders that said wow this is harder than I expected. I think the lack of flow leads to that. I even find it pedally and hard to connect the best bits to the next bit.