My next bike...giant stance 2?

What size are you looking for?

Size Medium - Giant Montreal

Size Medium - Giant Orleans

Giant Ottawa

I’m looking for a medium but Anything on sale probably wouldn’t be by the time i have enough money saved up, i’m going to check out those sites though

I might just save up for longer and buy the 2020 Rocky Mountain thunderbolt alloy 10, it seems like a good bike for the price and pretty good components. If i get really impatient because the bike I have will be un usable soon then I might just get a 2020 rocky mountain growler 40

Thanks for all the help guys and if anybody sees anything around the $2000 price point that seems like a good deal let me know

Not a full suspension, but I love my Middlechild from RSD. I’ve been doing plenty of jumps on it and loving it! Currently at 25% off for a complete build. And it’s steel, so it’ll last.

1 Like

I check that out earlier, seems like a sick deal and I don’t think shipping is too much, If it’s still on sale by the time i have all my money then I’d definitely go with one, they’re just so :fire:

1 Like

If you can wait, the best time to buy a bike is January-February, when the shops are looking to clear inventory for their spring stock. That will give you a little time to save, too.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting piece of info I never even considered when purchasing. I’m assuming my chromag is threaded? I can’t see them going through all the trouble to hand build it and leave it press fit. They only have the specs up for the 2020 model though so I can’t find it online in a quick search

3 Likes

I have had an older stance model and found it held up great, likely would be even better now with the upgraded parts spec. I did up to 6ft drops on it and it took it well. I don’t think you will get the same level of refinement as higher end bikes but I don’t think this is an issue. People don’t give short travel bikes enough credit, for keppoch 1-2 a year this is fine. Will be a fun bike I think. Better than a hardtack I think.

1 Like

Mines threaded. Press fit is junk. Gotucky mine came with a CK bb. Serviceable and will outlast the rest of the bike likely

2 Likes

Interesting little shootout

6 Likes

Honestly the Norco is a performer at the price point. For not coming from an online source I bit the bullet. And all i desired was wheels and brakes. The 2019 FS 3 was certainly better specd and wonder if they had the fs4 in that test not the 3.

1 Like

The 2020 and 2019 GT sensor comes with 140mm up front and 130mm out back. Decent spec, internal cables. And decent spec. Definitely worth looking into. I am also selling my bike, would be in the price range you are looking at, just depends on size.

2 Likes

I am selling my reign, size medium. If you are interested.

I don’t have enough saved up yet or probably anytime soon but maybe by the time i have enough and it’s still for sale i’d definitely look into it

You can still test ride now, even if you’re not buying right away. Drop in on a few shops, and check bikes out for fit and feel. That way, when you’re ready to pull the trigger, you’ll know what bike you want. Deals can be had in January and February, but shops may not be keen on you test riding their bikes in salt and slush then. If you know what you want now, you can drop in over winter, although the risk is that the bike you like may get sold, and you may not find the exact bike or the size. You’ll probably need someone with a credit card who can put that down as a deposit while you go out with the bike.

Most shops aren’t near trails though, and you can’t test ride the bikes in the rough. If you’re out on a group ride, and there’s a bike that catches your interest, see if the rider will let you swap for a few minutes. Then you’ll know if that bike suits you, before you put money down in a shop for the same model.

2 Likes