New to biking in Truro

Hi everyone, I’m new to biking and really enjoying it. I have a KHS Ultrasport 1.0 (essentially a hybrid with MTB tires and suspension fork)I usually ride the Cobequid Trail from Lower Truro to Old Barns trailhead. (Because I’m old and out of shape) Yesterday I decided to try the reservoir loop at the Railyard. That was an adventure! I’m really developing a like for legitimate mountain biking but slowly venturing into it and will eventually upgrade to a real mountain bike. Anyway I’m looking forward to more riding while meeting more people who are part of the mountain biking scene in Truro.

5 Likes

Welcome to the site! The Railyard has some fantastic beginner friendly trails, along with some challenging more advanced trails. Certainly a great place to live close to for mountain biking!

2 Likes

Thank you!

welcome to your new home J. MTB lives here!

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to the cult @Jstewart75.
I can tell you are hooked already :slight_smile:

Like anything else, mountain biking is a skill that you practice and improve. Before you know it you will be riding stuff that seemed impossible to you just a short time ago. Take advantage of the Railyard. It is a great set of trails with something for everyone.

I hope we can ride together someday

3 Likes

Sounds great! Thanks.

1 Like