Opinion on Garmin watch

Looking at buying a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro… anybody have any opinions or reviews of this beast?

I dont want to waste my money.

Thx!

1 Like

You will 100% not be wasting money. Its an insanely versatile device. Unless your going full tilt mountaineering, you will use 25% of what it can do.

More of a matter of what you want out of your “wrist instrument”

2 Likes

Couldn’t of said it better myself.

I have a Garmin Instinct Tactical and I’m sure I don’t use 80% of its features.

1 Like

Thanks guys Im definitely looking forward to it :facepunch:

I have a Fenix 6 Pro currently and absolutely love it. The mount of data/features is unreal and I don’t use half. I run a bit and having to not carry my phone for music is great and the battery life is unreal.

I had an instinct before this and really liked it too and unless you really have you heart set on the Fenix I might recommend it due to the difference in price over difference in features. Are you comfortable with riding around with an $800 watch? Either way you are going to be happy.

2 Likes

I’ve honesty been back and forth between the Instinct Solar and the Fenix 6 Pro… Price doesnt bother me if it actually works as advertised.
I want the 6 over the instinct mainly because of the music option. That is a huge selling point for me along with a larger screen and monitoring blood oxygenation levels etc…

Glad to hear your enjoying your Fenix 6

1 Like

I’ve got an older Fenix 5X and it is fantastic. I barely use any of the features now that my knees decided I should no longer try and run. It is now way more than I need for riding, but it is nice to just look at your wrist and see the time, distance, etc. I bought it when I was running so that I could go phoneless and still have music/ podcasts like @grahamanator said. It is a great piece of technology that I severely under utilize. You certainly won’t be upset about having it though.

1 Like

I had a 5X for years that recently died, and just got a 7X. Love it

1 Like

Not taking advantage of the night vision goggle compatibility? What about programming your high altitude low opening inserts?

Jokes aside, the Tide function on my garmin saved me from being stranded once.

Good to research what they can do. The track back feature is also amazing.

1 Like

Has tons of features i just dont use them. The tactical version was ourchased to keep my tracks from the public when out on searches. One button and it stops transmitting and makes the light very dim, again helpful in the middle of the woods at night haha. Barometer/altimeter is handy.

When navigating, i never use an electronic device as my primary means.

I had no idea their was a tide option. This will definitely come in handy when boating. I’m constantly checking the tide charts.

I just bought the Fenix 6 Pro… So thanks for the help and advice folks :+1:

6 Likes

I have the Fenix 6s base model and it is full of features. 100% worth every penny you spend