Pedaltrout/Sportwheels Weekly MTB Ride - June 3rd

This week’s ride will be at Powder Mill Lake.

We will meet at the parking lot for Powder Mill lake Park (In google maps, power mill lake park).

Where: Powder Mill Lake
When: June 3rd, 6:45pm

Let’s have a time!

If you’re coming out please tell someone where you are going and when you expect to be back.
If you have a cell phone, bring it. A map of the area, a light and a whistle are also good ideas.

Not to hijack the thread, but I keep a space blanket and a fire rod in my pack. A first aid kit can’t hurt, either.

Powder Mill should be pretty tame, though. Have a time, indeed!

I think a map of powder lake is over kill. You’ll see when you ride it.

I do support informing people of where you are doing and your plans… but

Forgive me, but this sounds like a knee jerk reaction to the Spiderlake fellow who is lost. I hope his tragedy does not turn into the nanny-ing of mountain bikers :frowning: (not saying you are… but it will come.) . He seems like an inexperienced dude who should have had a buddy and just made a really stupid decision. (Among other theories I have… like he does not want to be found)

We invite everyone on these group rides, including folks who may have zero experience. My point was simply that we are all responsible for our own safety, so don’t do anything stupid. No one wants to be that guy.

Agreed. Stupid thing #1 - Getting back into mountain biking then going some place you don’t know alone. I don’t know if its too soon to criticize this poor guy in Spider (it probably is) but holy cow. Make better choices.

I digress. I know you are being helpful. I’m just frustrated that people even need to be told this stuff.

Sorry I couldn’t make it. A work commitment came up. Hope it was a great ride!