Places to stay around Keppoch

Hey guys and gals
A couple questions about Keppoch. Thinking about making a trip out later in the summer. Anybody know of decent places to stay instead of driving home?
Would also consider camping if theres any camp sites near by.
Also is keppoch all fast singletrack or is there family friendly trails as well?
Once again thanks for any info

Not sure on the best place to stay, but it’s definitely a family friendly place to ride.

1 Like

I’d say pretty family friendly. There’s a pumptrack and the little peak trail at the base. Lots of options for all skill levels with opportunities to loop back. Nice lodge with lunch tables, fireplace, bathrooms etc. I believe you used to be able to camp at the base if you asked permission, not sure if still the case. In Antigonish there’s Whiddens campground, the maritime inn(pretty decent breakfast burrito and across the street from a playground and the bike shop is a 5 min walk down the street), the claymore hotel has a pool and is right next to Boston pizza/grocery stor/liquor store. I like to eat at the townhouse which has a good craft beer selection.

4 Likes

@KeppochMountain might have some more info as well.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Appreciate all the info once again. Yeh @Rolls Ill also give keppoch a call themselves

As mentioned, in my previous experiences myself and many others have been allowed to camp at the parking area of keppoch. That being said theres only outhouses and the lodge is obviously locked after hours. Not sure if anything has changed on allowing that though!

1 Like