Poop Bags at Mac Run

Is it just me or is the presence of poop bags increasing on the trails? There was one I noticed as I rode by on the attic a couple weeks ago, now it has been joined but more perched on the same rock. I planned on getting the ones I am aware of next time I hike in there (I don’t really want to ride with a bunch of dog crap on my back)…but seriously WTF is wrong with people. I have never understood what would posses a person to take the time to stop, encase a biodegradable item in a non biodegradable plastic bag then just toss it on the ground.

8 Likes

I was going to say something. I think it’s absolutely ignorant and disgusting. I love dogs, hate ignorant owners.

7 Likes

Oh me too, I’m a dog guy 100%

One of my bigger frustrations is exactly how you worded it. If you don’t plan to pick up after your dog, why bother putting it into a plastic bag? Your doing no one any favours that way.

5 Likes

Agreed, even the bags that claim to be biodegradable aren’t always (at least not as biodegradable as just doing nothing).

At best it’s something like “oh I’ll get it on the way back”, and then they forget, or do a loop and never see it again.

At worst, bagging it and leaving it visible is a bit of a “screw you, pick it up for me then”.

4 Likes

Whopper is littered with shit too, not in bags but its a bit ridiculous.

1 Like

Whopper is becoming a wasteland.

My dog poops in the woods, like all the other animals in HRM.

I have no respect for people leaving trash in the woods.

Also, cant wait to see how long all the decorations stay on these adhoc xmas trees on our local trails.

End/Rant
#Firedup

7 Likes

I thought the same thing about the decorations. Sure its festive, but I sure hope it gets cleaned up. I watched on one of the Osprey this summer flying around with a 15ft long piece of plastic in the talons that then got caught in a tree. The Osprey struggled for a good min or two trying to get free of it. I thought I was going to have to climb the tree

3 Likes

Like many cyclists, they honed their poop bag skills at Wrandees and branched out from there, training others the fine art of the poop bag.

2 Likes

I can’t recall ever noticing, but are there HRM maintained garbage cans at the trail heads?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Went today to pick them all up and the ones I knew of were gone. Thanks to whoever got them. I did pick up an entire bag of garbage from the osprey cul de sac though…all within 30 ft of the garbage can

5 Likes

I, for one , am impressed. I hope that some of the home owners in the vicinity took notice. It’s stuff like this that will improve our image in the community. Thanks!

3 Likes

You’d think the home owners around would take more accountability to their trash. That’s most of what ends up there. They drag it to the curb and forget about it. But on the windy days it blows right down the pipe.

1 Like

That happens everywhere. My subdivision is brutal on garbage day. Nobody seems to understand how to tie a bag closed

2 Likes

Why do you guys poop in bags? I just scratch a little hole in the dirt with my hands. That way I can cover it up when I’m done.

5 Likes

You must not eat enough fibre

3 Likes

I also never understood this. Nothing against ANYONE on this forum… but dog owners can be THE ABSOLUTE WORST when it comes to upkeep. I can appreciate that they BRING a bag to scoop the waste… but honestly, if you just leave it there like it’s meant to be taken care of from trail proprietors they’ve got another thing coming!

Again, i mean no disrespect to anyone that owns a dog on here. But we’ve ALL seen it. Poop bags littered in PLAIN sight as if it were a cigarette butt. -_-

3 Likes