Purchasing a Fat Bike

Hi all,

After trying out a Fat Bike on the weekend at Martock… well I’m hooked. I was riding the Specialized Fatboy SE and was quite happy with it (it looks like retail on these is $1900). It seems that most companies are jumping on the bandwagon and offering fatbikes; are there any to look at in particular or stay away from? Any advice or direction you guys/gals have would be greatly appreciated!

I’d like to keep the budget below $2000 if possible.

Thanks,
Garrett

3 Likes

What size do you take? I can offer you something under 2000 no prob. I work at Valley stove and Cycle and our lightly demo fleet is up for grabs, as well as some new models on the floor.

We sell Rocky Mountain, Specialized Fat bikes.

Call me at the shop 902-542-7280 at work, my cell is 902-220-0848 if you would prefer to text.

And I’m Mike!

1 Like

One of us… One of us…

I would offer more purchasing advice but I’m ridding a 2014 Norco Bigfoot I bought this year and things have changed a lot since it was made :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We also have some lightly demo’d bikes here at Idealbikes, Halifax (Chain Lake Drive location) … We carry Specialized, Felt & Raleigh. Off the top of my head I know there are three bikes here under 2K & marked 15-30% Off sticker price. My name is Ross and you can reach me at the shop via phone: 902 444 7487 or email: info@idealbikes.ca

Best of luck in your search! Hope to maybe see or hear from you.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help guys.

I ended up picking up a 2017 Fatboy last night from Al at Sweet Ride in Mahone Bay. He was excellent to deal with and really went above and beyond to make sure I was fitted properly and happy with my purchase.

Can’t wait to get out on this thing!

7 Likes

Congrats! Lots of snow in the forecast so you should get a chance to test it out in the snow soon.

1 Like

They really go above and beyond, big time, great folks to deal with at Sweet ride.

Looks like the fattie scene is growing in Nova Scotia. :smiley:

4 Likes