Question about trailforks

Sounds awesome, I’ll definitely be taking you up on that one day

1 Like

Looks like a lot of that is still around, will check it out this weekend

Might as well take advantage of it while we can. Pam Lovelace wants the province to build a Highway on Pipeline Rd.

1 Like

I’m available all next week and next Monday

Nobody turns down a dirt road tour…

2 Likes

She can shove it. Why build a highway there and block off a potential emergency access road connection point for Westwood? I fear for the residents of HRM if she runs for the mayor position.

2 Likes

It’ll really cut down on the Chester to Falmouth commute time though :roll_eyes: It’s a crackpot plan that won’t relieve the congestion on Hammonds Plains Rd. and it cuts through two wilderness areas. I can’t see it happening.

3 Likes

I think trying to address the fact that HP road can’t handle the traffic volume to the number of residential areas that tie into it should be a priority. A connector highway would be good, and would cut down on commute times; however, in my opinion, it shouldn’t be a priority.

2 Likes

I don’t pay attention to politics at all but I looked into her and boy does she ever have some bad ideas

3 Likes

As much as I hate to say it, more connector roads and evac lines wouldn’t be a bad idea in todays climate.

1 Like

Especially given the recent fires

The logging roads are still pretty soft. I’m not sure if they will be good by next week.

1 Like

Kinda what I figured, I’m also available every day from 3:00 to sundown + weekends

The climate did not cause the fires gross disregard did. Let’s not fuel the narrative now.

1 Like

I won’t deny that the lady burning garbage caused the fire, but the super dry weather caused by the changing climate certainly didn’t help.

4 Likes

TLDR the comments here, but the morals on what gets posted or not, is filtered by someone else. They make all the choices. TrailForks is really not crowd sourced. That same person who filters everything has allowed all sorts of trails that are not MTB specific, such as logging roads and things. So just add them and and see what happens.

5 Likes

One of the trail builders (Who wishes to remain anonymous) reached out to me and has asked me not to put these on TF so I won’t. A large majority of these trails are included in the land being added to Jerry Lawrence Park. I will update if anything comes of it. These are awesome trails and I hope nothing happens to them. Let me know if you have any questions.

Trailforks isn’t limited to MTB trails. Since it’s inception it has been designed to catalogue trails for multiple uses including hiking, running, gravel bikes, mountain bikes, winter trails, accessable trails, and motorized use trails.