Rear shock spacers

My rear shock has 130mm of travel. I feel like I’m putting lots of pressure in it and yet I still easily bottom out. Would you recommend spacers for it? I really need more travel for the kind of riding that I do but need to make do with what I have. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

What do you have for controls- any compression damping adjustment? How much sag are you running?

Volume spacers would change your progression. What shock do you have?

I put 2 in my shock and it transformed the ride! Would recommend. Relatively simple to install too.

2 Likes

Likely will keep you from blowing through your travel. That being said, some bikes are designed around the shock and changing tokens/tune can reflect on rear end kinematics. (The Norco guy told me not to add a third spacer in my Deluxe R) if you have none some will help. @rmacgregor9 can testify to that.

1 Like

what shock do you have, i am running a float rp2 165mm with a 1.5 stroke and was bottoming out like crazy. 3d printed a spacer for 1$ and its much better at the end of the travel even was able to drop to a more sensible PSI. cost me 1$ i just gave the library the plan and picked it up a few days later, used ABS as the material. I would add another half sized one actually but i have no rebound dampening it needs a full service and i prefer not to get pogo sticked to hard :slight_smile:

1 Like

I run roughly 25% sag and yes I have rebound adjustment

sorry I have a fox float evol 130 mm

ya, use air volume reducers

should be the same float spacers that i use, here is the 3 print if you dont want to shell out the $ for the stock ones. i am using the medium spacer

3 Likes

Thanks! I got a buddy who has a 3D printer so I hope I’m set.:grinning:

U don’t happen to have any extra I could buy off you?

I have some you can buy.

For the shock. Lol

1 Like