Return to ridint from shoulder injurys

Hey guys… just a general census question for those whove had shoulder injuries.

This passed weekend i crasher and seperated my shoulder… docs had to put it back in…

Just wondering what kinda time line others have had witg returning to riding after same or similar injuries

I had a pretty bad dislocation and fracture of the humerous about 5 years ago. I was off the bike for a good 3-4 months and after a month of being in an arm sling I had physio 2-3 times a week for about 8-10 weeks.
My advice- take it slow and don’t be in a rush to get back on the bike before you’re ready/healed.

4 Likes

Dr should have given u a timeline.

If your in a sling, recommend doing whatever physio is recommended and as much rest/proper nutrition as possible.

Once your out of the sling focus on range of motion and building as much strength in the area as possible before getting on a mtb. Ask your physio about taping as well post sling.

I think my full recovery from a dislocation/separation was around 8-10 weeks.

Depends on genetics/age and previous strength level.

Dont rush it.

Good luck

CN

5 Likes

Im doing between 6-10kms a day walking atm along with 250-400 air squats a day to promote blood flow. Im doijg mild movements that dont trigger pain regularly also… my brother is a physio a and very gooe friend is a occ therpist whove given me a few excercises.

On another note. Does anyone by chance have a trainer they woule be willint to lend .

Located in dartmouth , running sram nx12 speed. Currently im walking. I do have access to stationary bikes at my gym however i have my membership frozen while im not cleared to drive… walking wont keep my watts up