Roadtrip podcasts

Hey Gang,
it being road trip season, we like to listen to podcasts in the car.
Anyone have any good suggestions for kid and grownup friendly podcasts? We like the Unexplainable disappearance of Mars Patel and have listened to most of the other stuff from GenZ media.

1 Like

If you’re at all interested in entrepreneurship, you may enjoy How I Built This with Guy Raz. It’s fantastic. Exceptionally well-researched, funny, and some of the best interviewing I’ve ever heard.

Standout episodes with Jake Burton, Ben & Jerry’s, Shopify’s Tobias Lutke, Patagonia’s Yvon Chouinard are all fantastic. My personal favourite episode on Stonyfield Yoghurt with Gary Hirshberg is just a serious ride. If you’ve ever been in business, or find that at all interesting, it will make the hair standup on the back of your neck.

2 Likes

Anything by Simon Sinek, Gary V, Jordan Peterson, Big Think, SciShow.

3 Likes

Side note–I brought Gary V to Halifax 10 years ago, and have met him a number of times. Be careful whose advice you listen to, that’s all I’ll say.

4 Likes

“No stupid questions” is great!
“Freakanomics” is also good,

Those are usually my go too besides financial podcasts

2 Likes

Brett Tippie’s podcast has been surprisingly good so far. Lots of good MTB stories.

4 Likes

If it doesn’t have to be kid friendly I enjoy Revisionist History by Malcolm Gladwell.
https://www.pushkin.fm/show/revisionist-history/

2 Likes

Very cool! Totally agree, I wouldn’t say subscribe to his vision, but he has a lot of great principals.

My kids (7 & 9) really like Stuart McLean stories and old episodes of the Vinyl Cafe.

4 Likes

The 902 hub. Its a buddy of mines… talks about life. Racism. Mental health

2 Likes