Irishman’s road (and cottage BBQ post ride)~
May 27th, 1030am ~~~~
Difficulty: ~~~ Beginner/intermediate
Notes: ~~~ Bug dope, BBQ stuff, helmet ~~~
This week we are going to do something totally different.
Let’s go for a ride at Irishman’s Road. We will meet at the parking lot at Irishmans’ Road and ride for an hour or two and then perhaps head to my cottage for the afternoon.
Directions to Irishman’s Road:
From the Valley:
- Get on NS-101 E in Kings, Subd. C from Evangeline Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E and New Minas Connector Rd
6 min (4.4 km)
- Head southeast on Evangeline Trail/Main St/Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E toward Cornwallis St
- Continue to follow Evangeline Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E
- Turn right onto New Minas Connector Rd (signs for NS-101)
- Continue onto New Canaan Rd
- Turn left to merge onto NS-101 E toward Windsor/Halifax
- Follow NS-101 E to Glooscap Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 14 E in West Hants. Take exit 5 from NS-101 E
22 min (38.0 km)
- Merge onto NS-101 E
- Take exit 5 for Nova Scotia 14 Trunk toward Nova Scotia 1 Trunk/NS-215/Rawdon/Chester/Three Mile Plains
- Continue on Glooscap Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 14 E. Drive to Irishmans Rd
4 min (3.2 km)
- Turn left onto Glooscap Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 14 E (signs for Milford/Truro)
- Turn right onto Irishmans Rd
From the City:
Take NS-101 W to Nova Scotia Trunk 1 W in West Hants. Take exit 4 from NS-101 W
23 min (40.9 km)
- Keep right to continue on Bedford Bypass, follow signs for Lr. Sackville/Windsor/NS-1/NS-101
- Use the left 2 lanes to merge onto NS-101 W
- Take exit 4 for Nova Scotia Trunk 1 toward Novia Scotia 215/St. Croix/Newport/Ellershouse
- Continue on Nova Scotia Trunk 1 W. Drive to Irishmans Rd
6 min (5.4 km)
- Turn left onto Nova Scotia Trunk 1 W
- Turn right onto Wentworth Rd
- Turn left onto Irishmans Rd
We can just follow me to the cottage. I will have some chips and hot dogs, but BYOB. I will have a BBQ going so if you want something else, bring it!
- Going, see you there!
- Wish I could, maybe next time.
- Maybe, I’ll let you know.
This is not an official ECMTB ride.