Saturday Ride - Irishmans' ride - cancelled due to rain....boo

~Irishman’s road (and cottage BBQ post ride)~

Where: ~Irishman’s Road~
When: ~May 27th, 1030am ~~~
Difficulty: ~~~ Beginner/intermediate
~

Notes: ~~~ Bug dope, BBQ stuff, helmet ~~~

This week we are going to do something totally different.

Let’s go for a ride at Irishman’s Road. We will meet at the parking lot at Irishmans’ Road and ride for an hour or two and then perhaps head to my cottage for the afternoon.

Directions to Irishman’s Road:

From the Valley:

• Get on NS-101 E in Kings, Subd. C from Evangeline Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E and New Minas Connector Rd
    6 min (4.4 km)
  • Head southeast on Evangeline Trail/Main St/Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E toward Cornwallis St
  • Continue to follow Evangeline Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E
    2.3 km
  • Turn right onto New Minas Connector Rd (signs for NS-101)
    1.6 km
  • Continue onto New Canaan Rd
    87 m
  • Turn left to merge onto NS-101 E toward Windsor/Halifax
    400 m
  • Follow NS-101 E to Glooscap Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 14 E in West Hants. Take exit 5 from NS-101 E
    22 min (38.0 km)
  • Merge onto NS-101 E
    37.7 km
  • Take exit 5 for Nova Scotia 14 Trunk toward Nova Scotia 1 Trunk/NS-215/Rawdon/Chester/Three Mile Plains
    350 m
  • Continue on Glooscap Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 14 E. Drive to Irishmans Rd
    4 min (3.2 km)
  • Turn left onto Glooscap Trail/Nova Scotia Trunk 14 E (signs for Milford/Truro)
    2.4 km
  • Turn right onto Irishmans Rd

From the City:
Take NS-101 W to Nova Scotia Trunk 1 W in West Hants. Take exit 4 from NS-101 W
23 min (40.9 km)

• Keep right to continue on Bedford Bypass, follow signs for Lr. Sackville/Windsor/NS-1/NS-101
    3.6 km
  • Use the left 2 lanes to merge onto NS-101 W
    36.8 km
  • Take exit 4 for Nova Scotia Trunk 1 toward Novia Scotia 215/St. Croix/Newport/Ellershouse
    400 m
  • Continue on Nova Scotia Trunk 1 W. Drive to Irishmans Rd
    6 min (5.4 km)
  • Turn left onto Nova Scotia Trunk 1 W
    3.9 km
  • Turn right onto Wentworth Rd
    650 m
  • Turn left onto Irishmans Rd

We can just follow me to the cottage. I will have some chips and hot dogs, but BYOB. I will have a BBQ going so if you want something else, bring it!

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

1 Like

I’m in Pictou on the weekend. Might do a Fitz ride though.

Is the new section opened yet?

There are some sections that are new to me open. I missed a section my last ride there.

Any fears it might be too wet to ride?

That would be a blast! Unfortunately I’m working all weekend, have fun everyone!

Will keep am eye on things for sure.

@TrailFlow says the new section should be open next week. Spoke to @Pepperjester and @MichelleLikesBikes at Irishmans today, They had hoped to get it open today but had brake failure on their Quad so they couldn’t get to the new trail with their gear.

1 Like

^ ^ Yep. Literally snapped the caliber off the mount :frowning:

There is one moist spot on the new section that we wanted to harden with a bit of stone but our plans todo that today didn’t pan out as a result. Better luck next time. It’ll be ready soon. Promise.

1 Like

Carry that shit in on your back and call the new trail backbreaker

I’m going to call it now. With the amount of rain we’ve had it will just be way too wet to ride certain trails in there. Until next time.

1 Like

Right thing to do. Glad I got in yesterday.

Boo-urns. As much as the rain seems to be a bother, it is great that we are getting this rain to help with water levels.

I agree 100%.