Sharing the road, tips from our friends at Cyclesmith

Nah, I think unicyclers should be allowed go anywhere. they sake up the same space and almost the same speed as a jogger.

This is a really great read. Please share it with everyone you know!!

On the flip side, militant cyclists that refuse to share the road, also give us all a bad name.

Troy, I JUST posted that lastnight on my Facebook. Travels fast!

Jeff, those people won’t last long.

Good news travels fast. I even shared it with The Canadian Goat Network.
The renegades suck and darwin will take care of them!!

Other than those critical mass douches, what exactly defines a militant cyclist?

Militant cyclist: one example is those that ride 2 abreast and will not go single file to let a car go by on a busy road. Or those that fail to see that “sharing the road” is a 2 way street.

Your second sentence needs elaboration, sorry.

cruising along waverly rd. in a car. traffic is bumper to bumper eventually traffic starts passing some bikers, we get up to said cyclists. happens to be two of the fastest riders in the province riding side by side. after passing the bikers there was no more bumper to bumper traffic. weird.

Militant cyclist: one example is those that ride 2 abreast and will not go single file to let a car go by on a busy road. Or those that fail to see that “sharing the road” is a 2 way street.
I don’t consider the first example one of ‘militant cyclists’, just douchedom, however I did ask for your interpretation so there you go. I wouldn’t mind some elaboration on the second, though.

I guess the second line was more of a rant than a specifc statement.

An anecdote more than an example is how a portion of cyclists like to go off on facebook and public forums like they’re in the permenant right all the time and can do no wrong, and then their friends and collegues all pile on them for being agressive douches with no actual point about how right they think they are and they still think they’re right just because they don’t put gas in their bikes.

Drivers will say “that f–king biker, yada yada yada”
Cyclies will say “that f—king driver, yada yada yada”

In the end you have mutual disrespect, versus mutual respect and it ends up tarnishing everyones view of everyone.

Ah yes, I hear that. Grinds my gears, too.

I saw a Unicyclist on Brunswick today on the sidewalk. He looked a little militant.

Actually he didn’t look militant at all. What are the rules of unicycling? Same as two wheels?