Solar Floodlights Stolen From Nine Mile River Trailhead Kiosk

We arrived to work at the Nine Mile River Trail tonight to discover that the solar floodlights that we installed on the trailhead kiosk to light the parking lot for anyone using the trail in the evening were stolen. One was pried right off, damaging the wood underneath.

It’s unlikely that anyone here will know the hoods that stole them, but you never know… if you know anyone who this week has come into possession of two solar floodlights, they are probably ours.

Let them know that the trail is not managed by the province or the municipality - it’s not like they’re stealing from an organization with lots of money and manpower. The Nine Mile River Trail is all volunteers. Any money raised is through donation, or the pursuit of grants. Most of the work done is by volunteers.

Let them know we’d much rather turn a negative into a positive. We’d like the individual(s) who stole the lights to return them, and rather than use their energy to damage the trail, why not take that energy and help to make it better? We’ve got lots of projects that could use extra hands and legs, so we invite them to work with us as volunteers to help make a positive difference for our community.

2 Likes

That’s terrible! You guys need to set up a game cam and catch these guys. Probably the same person that stole your wood last year.

1 Like

Ugh…scumbags.

1 Like

That’s pathetic!

Do you have a picture or link to the lights that were stolen?

I believe these are the type we had installed:
https://www.princessauto.com/en/led-1000-lumen-solar-motion-light/product/PA0008805590

They had to put some energy into taking them - they ripped one of them off with the mounting board - didn’t even unscrew it. The other one, they just took the light, but left the mounting bracket and mounting board in place - so one of them is missing a mounting bracket. All the wires were stapled down, so they had to pull the staples, and I think they had to climb up top to remove the solar panels. I wish they’d put their work into the trail instead of taking it out of it.

3 Likes

A few year ago I put a couple of dozen signs on the trails at Spider Lake, They were made of an aluminum product .25" thick called DiBond. They were 18" long by 6" high. I attached them to trees with two 2.5" long lag screws per sign. Idiots would grab both ends of the sign and repeatedly bend them back and forth until they snapped. I would bet they had to do that 2-3 dozen times to weaken the DiBond enough for it to break. Then they would leave both pieces on the ground. They wouldn’t even take them home to hang in a garage or bedroom. Destruction for the sake of destruction

There is no end to these type of people’s assholery.

2 Likes

I have observed over my time that some people suck. Most don’t but some people are a net negative to humanity.

2 Likes