SOLD Old Skool Freeride rig FS - custom frame up build SOLD

SOLD Harken back to the days of coil suspension and monster drops hucking to flat. I bought this Devinci on a whim but have realized my 50+ year old body is not going to appreciate the things I will be tempted to do on this bike.
Built up from a frame in 2007 and featuring a top selection of parts from the time, it’s a size large but fits more like a medium. It’s a lot of bike for $500 and if it doesn’t sell complete I’ll probably part it out.

-Devinci Johnson (same frame as the Ollie and Wilson of the time) adjustable from 215mm to 185mm of travel (currently set to 185). Made in Canada and features a Horst-link suspension design similar to Specialized and Norco.

-Marzocchi 888VF fork (200mm of travel and freshly serviced with new seals and suspension fluid)

-Fox DHX 3.0 with Propedal, adjustable rebound, adjustable preload and Boost Valve pressure adjustment (brand new mounting hardware installed)

-Hope Mono M4 4-piston brakes w/ one piece machined calipers and Hope floating brake rotors

-Raceface Diabolus downhill crankset with E13 bashguard/chainguide

-Raceface Diabolus riser bars

-DT Swiss Hugi FR (DT440) hubs (great sounding rear hub!) mated to Alex Supra D rims for a bombproof wheelset (110x20mm front, 150x12mm rear)

-Shimano Saint shifter/Ultegra derailleur

-original tires (Michelin DH34) are shot and should be replaced, I have some Maxxis tires in excellent shape that I will throw in

-pedals included!

Overall the bike is in good shape- some paint wear and chips but no cracks or dents. Just needs a good cleaning, maybe a brake bleed and could use a new saddle- there’s a chunk of foam missing from the WTB that’s on it now (I can throw in a basic Giant seat if you like). Ride it as is or trick it out with a single crown and some lightweight tires for more tame trail riding.

Any question? Ask away and I’ll do my best to answer.

4 Likes

Saweeeettttt. You have all the cool things!

1 Like

Bump… Lots of nice parts here folks, Hope brakes, DT hubs, Marzocchi, Fox, Raceface…

Definitely. And if it was 2005 that bike would have sold instantly. I have similar bikes hanging as parts donors should I need anything.

1 Like