Super Sunday MTB ride - Fundraiser

From the WBL page:
The NSSP is going to run it’s first youth fundraiser by having a old school “Super Sunday” MTB ride.
THIS IS A MUST DO EVENT !!
Brian of https://www.facebook.com/were.outside.outdoor.outfitters/ is going to lead us on a tour of the valleys best mountain biking followed by beers and burgers on the deck of Wayfarer’s in Port Williams. Suggested donation is $20 but it is up to you to decide if you would like to donate. Expected ride time 3-4 hours but there will be many opportunities to bail and take the roads back to the pub if you have had your fill.

This is a MTB ride not a Gravel Grinder >

Where:
Wayfarers’ Ale Society
1116 Kars St
Port Williams, Nova Scotia B0P1T0
When: Sunday, July 22nd, 10:00 AM
Difficulty: ?? WBL ride. Lots of opportunity to bail if it’s too much

Notes: Looks like it might be wet, bug spray not a bad idea

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

1 Like

WBL? NSSP? Didn’t see anything on the Facebook page.

@IanM_MTB It’s on the WBL FB page. You are not showing up as a member there

Right, let me rephrase a little better now that I’m at an actual keyboard.

What are the WBL and NSSP? I’m not familiar with these anagrams, and I didn’t see any mention of them at the “We’re Outside” Facebook page. Before committing to a fundraiser, I’d like to know to whom the money is going.

Ahh, OK. So Brian Adams is a long time leader in the MTB community in the valley. He own’s We’re Outside in Wolfville and has a long history of these big Sunday rides going back to the 90s. Lorenzo Caterini (and admin for WBL - Winter Bike League) does massive volunteer work within the cycling community and has been coordinating with Brian this year and last on fundraising for youth racing. NSSP (Nova Scotia Super Prestige) is the cyclocross series for NS.

I honestly thought most people were aware of these groups. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

I work in Information Technology: I’m drowning in acronyms over here and can’t always keep up. :wink: Thanks for the clarification, sounds like a good time.

@Chris_Dwyer-perkins: you in? Could hit Irishman’s on the way home. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh man… I’m tempted!!! Was thinking about doing the SportWheels 65km gravel grind but this sounds like a lot of fun. Let me talk to Larissa.

1 Like

Sounds like an awesome event, wish I could make it down!!

Thanks for asking for clarification, I was clueless as to what those meant also.

1 Like

Have a link? Any Google results I get for Winter Bike League is all stuff in Athens, GA and nothing comes up when I Google Nova Scotia Super Prestige…

WBL is a closed group but you can request access.
Literally all the information for the ride is in the original post above

Where is the money going to?

It’s literally all in the original post… apparently.

@gtrguy To clarify all the information that was posted about this event in the WBL group is in the main post here. I think @Maritimer just meant he didn’t have and/or see an additional details posted anywhere. I couldn’t find much else posted anywhere else ether.

1 Like

thanks

This was a great ride. We did about 50k with Brian and Lorenzo leading a group of 15-20 riders through Caanan Mountain, Research Station, Bird Sanctuary and the Gorge as well as some connecting trails and rail trail.

Brian also said there would likely be a couple more of these as we get into the autumn. I think I recognized Drew (?) from ECMTB on the ride.

Darn! I wish I had gone now. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen with the weather forecast that day so I stayed home.

It’s a tough call. I was looking at teeming rain in Windsor at 8:30am and figured it could be a washout. It was a bit drizzly when we were gathering in Port Williams, but cleared off and was just hot and humid the rest of the day.

1 Like