Time for a new tire, recomendations needed

My rear tire is becoming more and more slick with every ride, so it’s about time I replaced it. I ride a handrail 29er and most of my riding is at Spider Lake. Currently I’m leaning towards moving my 2.25 Ardent to the rear and putting either a 2.25 or a 2.4 Ardent up front, but I’m open to any other recommendations and input.

I’ve never ridden at Spider, so I’m not familiar with the trails there. I’m a fan on a bigger front tire though. I’m currently running a 2.35" Schwalbe Hans Damphe and 2.25" Nobby Nic.

Spider doesn’t really need a 2.25 especially on a 29er. I’d recommend a 2.1 specilized ground control or something like that.

I’m no tire expert, and I’m running a 26’er. I’m currently running Kenda Nevegals - 2.1 Dual Tread in the rear, 2.3 Stick-E in the front. They hook up well. Rear tire sometimes burps (I’m running tubeless) if I catch air and land a little sideways. I’ve liked Specialized tires, but I’ve frequently torn sidewalls around here. I’d think 2.4/2.25 is a bit overkill for Spider, unless you’re dropping some of the hucks on Skull.

I’m a bigger front fan too…26" with a 2.4 Maxxis Advantage up front and a 2.25 Maxxis Advantage in the rear.

I think these tires do pretty much everything well though I haven’t tried a ton of different tires for comparison. Here’s what I have some experience with and like the Advantages better than:

Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 and 2.35 (standard and tubeless versions)
Maxxis Ardent 2.25 (standard and tubeless)
Geax Saguro
Nokian NBT