Tour de Park - Glenbourne

Pumptrack and Dirtjump ride at Glenbourne Park in Clayton Park, Halifax.

Where: Glenbourne Park, parking lot, Parkland Ave.
When: Monday, May 14, 7:00
Difficulty: Beginner-expert

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

3 Likes

I was just there… Needs lots of work.

Fantastic idea, @Rockhopper.

1 Like

Agreed, I’d love to go check this out. Sadly, not available this time.

planning on popping thru

1 Like

What kind of work does it need @BowlRat?

It’s just been beat down and played on by kids. I’m bringing a shovel. Look forward seeing folks there.

Hopefully I can make it!

Update- No can do, watching the kids while the better half attends a community meeting. Have fun!

Sorry had to jet unexpectedly. Went to car to grab a hoodie and tools and had a missed call i had to tend to. Heres hoping to next time

1 Like

We wondered what happened to you. Yes, next time. Hoping to get out on Monday evenings, weather permitting.

I was expecting much worse of the park, from the previous comments. Lips were rounded off, berms and humps are shrunken, but I was expecting much worse - deep ruts, dug out, or washed out jumps and humps. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. @BowlRat did a nice job on a berm, but we’ll need some wet weather to get any work to stay in place. Maybe the rain tonight…

I did get some riding in after @BowlRat left. The pumptrack worked well, even though everything’s shrunken and fallen a bit. I hit the jump lines a few times. No crashes, but I get embarrassingly little air off my jumps. :slight_smile:

5 Likes