Trail Building Time

Now is the time to give some love to your local trail! I’m sure everyone has a local-to-them favourite that might need a little bit of love from the too long winter we had. Grab a rake, or fix a bridge, it all helps everyone who rides.

Not all of us can dedicate a lot of time to helping with trail work, but even a couple of hours helps out a lot. 10 people working on a trail for 2 hours is more productive than 1 person with 10 hours of work. This spreads the work around, gets it done quicker and makes it a whole lot more enjoyable.

If you want to meet the person(s) who are doing the majority of the work on your local trail or is in charge of the trail maintenance post up where you would like to do some work and we can make some inquiries for you. All the work is voluntary so every set of hands is more than welcome!

I was out on my trail the other day. Can’t believe how dry it is, specially for this time of year. Prior work has paid off big time. Now, if someone has a MacLeod tool, message me up! For some Sackville NS area fun. I have the Pulaski, but I need some good finishing work. Also, could use a rake volunteer. Soon be time to scout out Phase Two as well.

kudos to the folks who rebuilt the bridges at whopper start. Nice work!

Agreed, nice work indeed!

X2… that twig bridge was always a sketchy ride.

I checked out the area I started building last fall and decided to abort… However… I have found a section close to it that has amazing potential…

I started clearing and marking the first line today. The goal is to make it similar to gorge in the valley… just wont be near as long. It will have fast sections with jumps and drops… and ways around the obstacles of course. The area is quite steep up top and the slope gradually decreases on the decent to flat on the bottom. Im hoping to get some help in here, It would be the only DH type area in town and save us all the hour drive to gorge to ride some fun slopes. I’ll post when i’m going in to work on it… expect to get a lot done in the next week or so and hopefully have one full line ready 2 weeks from now. Entrance is on lucasville road and marked on the map.

[attachment=1]sack DH section pt1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Sack DH section bottom.jpg[/attachment]

Kinger, I went there years ago looking for a geocache. I always see people parking on the highway and scooting down there to look for it. I remember it being pretty cool looking in there.

Any idea one land ownership? Are we able to bring our power tools to help out or is this a ‘foggy night with no moon, wearing moccasins’ kinda build?

Still trying to find out… on top is a cemetery so I dont know how far that property extends. Where the cemetery ends and the treeline starts is where the steep section begins. Ideally Id like to have a small line that runs just inside the treeline so its not noticable from the top. the cemetery itself is elevated a little higher than where the treeline is as well… You cant see any headstones or anything from the indicated start point so I think its fine. I’ll be borrowing my buds chainsaw and doing the few little jobs I need done for the first line this week after work.

Aaron yes, it looks like a ton of fun in there, the trees are spaced enough that its pretty easy to clear nice lines all down throughout… I think once I get the first line up and running it will spark some interest (If all goes as I have it planned in my head)

I like the cemetery location… lots of potential for line and stunt names.

I can see RiderX posting a group ride… " come out to the ‘Graveyard’ this Tuesday… try the ‘Tombstone’, the ‘Crypt’ or ‘Dead Mans Drop’… if you dare. Finish off your ride at the ‘Morgue’

This stuff just writes itself…muuuahahahaha :lol:

yeah, i’m up for a “deadly” jump line :slight_smile:

[quote=“kinger”] BornAgainKen wrote:Any idea one land ownership? Are we able to bring our power tools to help out or is this a ‘foggy night with no moon, wearing moccasins’ kinda build?

Still trying to find out… on top is a cemetery so I dont know how far that property extends. [/quote]

It’s all the cemetery property, 65.76 acres, PID 40308611
http://www.viewpoint.ca

People will be dying to ride that…

Dat’s what I’m talkin’ about, Jack!

Perfect location… Dead center of town.

[quote=“BornAgainKen”]I like the cemetery location… lots of potential for line and stunt names.

I can see RiderX posting a group ride… " come out to the ‘Graveyard’ this Tuesday… try the ‘Tombstone’, the ‘Crypt’ or ‘Dead Mans Drop’… if you dare. Finish off your ride at the ‘Morgue’

This stuff just writes itself…muuuahahahaha :lol:[/quote]

The possibilities are endless…

Was in for about an hour today raking some lines to see what the ground was like under the leaves… Will take a little work but not as much as I had expected. After all that rain I realized today probably wasn’t the best day to be in the woods doing groundwork. Heres a few pics of what its looking like. The lines I have started (2 that run very close / share the same trail at times) are the shortest possible runs. I plan on going in on sunday, anyone who feels like checking it out and giving a hand is more than welcome.

[attachment=2]near top.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]bottom section.jpg[/attachment]

What time you going in on Sunday and what tools are needed?

Hey Mike, you still heading out tomorrow to do some trail work??

Yes, ill be heading in around 10, maybe a bit earlier. For anyone who feels like stopping in its easy to find. For tomorrow id like to just keep clearing some lines and make it clean. Possibly start building the jumps who knows. No chainsaws please as the cemetary is close and its sunday