Trail Usage/Maintenance

Every year I put this up and I know most of us here accept proper trail etiquette and usage.

The trails are going to be soft in the next little while. This means that some trails are going to be sensitive to usage. PLEASE STAY OFF THE SINGLETRACK WHEN APPROPRIATE!

Think about the time and hard work that goes into building awesome trails and how one muddy ride regardless of how wide your tire is can destroy hours worth of work. It also wrecks it for everyone else. Yes, I know it’s tough to resist but there are plenty of trails that can be ridden and you get a great work out.

For example, shubie park, MacDonald Park, anywhere with gravel paths. One other trail that I’ve considered a grey area is Whopper where it is getting developed and the granite is hard to destroy. I’m still cautious of certain weather conditions.

If you do ride the trails, get out the next day and do some work to replace your divots, it’s only common courtesy. We don’t have annual fees for our sport, so a little elbow grease is not that much to ask. If we all do a little bit, we can accomplish a lot. If you have a local trail you want help in maintaining/fixing post it up under events or bicycling, hopefully we can get a good crew out to lend a hand.

Thanks Mike.

I suspect it is going to be even wetter then normal this spring. People really do need to respect the tails and stay off for a while.

Can’t wait to get in and start this years improvements to the Cob… :slight_smile:

Stay Off The Muddy Trails Or A Kitten Dies…

I would kill a kitten some good single track, right about now. Just say’n.

Fatbike. No trail whatsoever. Much better. Stay off the delicate bits!

This is why I road ride. Lets me stay off the trails, ride, and get in shape so when I do eventually take the MTB out I won’t suck wind… as much.

Either way giving the weather outlook it doesn’t look like I’ll be doing any riding that isn’t stationary in the next while. :evil:

[quote=“AaronRow”]This is why I road ride. Lets me stay off the trails, ride, and get in shape so when I do eventually take the MTB out I won’t suck wind… as much.

Either way giving the weather outlook it doesn’t look like I’ll be doing any riding that isn’t stationary in the next while. :evil:[/quote]

Agreed, road riding is in my future for sure. I might throw in a few hikes as well. That way I can take a saw or something to start clearing away debris.

Spring is the best time to get out and help on your local trails… gets us out in the woods to make sure the sweet summer riding is everything it can be.

[quote=“AaronRow”]This is why I road ride. Lets me stay off the trails, ride, and get in shape so when I do eventually take the MTB out I won’t suck wind… as much.

Either way giving the weather outlook it doesn’t look like I’ll be doing any riding that isn’t stationary in the next while. :evil:[/quote]

Agree as well, just purchased a decent road bike the other day. I started into it last year for something to do between MTB rides. Road biking is great for the start of the season and the tail end.