Trailforks - Unofficial trails

Yes I am a Trailforks Admin for Nova Scotia. I am happy to discuss your concerns. I will say that I consult with global Trailforks Admins and they are on board with what I do.

Evil Birch was removed shortly after security started turning away people on weekends, Honestly this trail should have never been put on the map as it requires trespassing on private property and an active mine site to get to and or illegally riding down a controlled access highway. The mine has taken extra steps to limit access by destroying the traditional entrance. As a mapping system that is globally available these kinds of trails should not be there and it was removed.

Spider Lake was removed by direct request from Halifax water because some tool on an ATV decided to cut a trail in a bog. I know it has nothing to do with MTB but being globally available mapping site means that all kinds of people can access the information. Halifax Water wanted to limit the public knowledge and I agreed therefore all trails on Halifax water were removed.

Bowater also had controversy where some dudes on MTB crossed the barbed wire fence into the water treatment plant and triggered a national emergency response, at least one of them were detained and dropped Trailforks as their source of information they were following. I can say with 100% certainty that there were no marked trails on Trailforks that lead them to go there. The spot where there are singletracks at Bowater are in fact on Trailforks, just hidden from the public because they are more recently built and absolutely unsanctioned by the landowner they will remain off the map until such time as they are sanctioned.

As for 24, 25/IPA again they are newer trails built without permission, they have never been on Trailforks and as one of the people who has spent years digging there they will remain off the map until such times as they become sanctioned.

Again because the information is globally available for these areas with 100% illegally built trails the owners of these lands may not appreciate people being attracted to these areas as a place for recreation and could easily take steps to have our fun shut down. So if you like where you ride and want to continue why would you blast it all over the internet for every person on earth to see?

11 Likes